Jump to content

Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

Recommended Posts

On 25/06/2019 at 13:12, Bash Street said:

He put himself forward for the job but apparently Wilders got it.

Oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he can walk out and straight into a new job without compo being paid then surely any manager could do it so I'd be surprised if he's announced as Newcastle manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

If he can walk out and straight into a new job without compo being paid then surely any manager could do it so I'd be surprised if he's announced as Newcastle manager

There will be  an under the table agreement.  He will leave, it will go quiet for a couple of weeks and then he will be annouced at St James.

 

The man is without scruple.

 

And what's this nonsense about Sam Allardyce?  Why would you replace one of the usual 'bring em in, chuck em out' band of Big Sam, Pardew and half a dozen others (including Bruce) to replace with another has been.

 

Be bold.  Go find another Bielsa type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Word has it Ashley has coughed up £4 million.  ( The Sun) True of false lets get the show on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

 Word has it Ashley has coughed up £4 million.  ( The Sun) True of false lets get the show on the road.

I'd be happy with that, even 3 million. Need to get on with finding a new guy now before pre season has gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Sorry you are wrong, he walked out on Palace and they took out an injunction that stopped him taking the Birmingham job, Wednesday could do the same. From what I read he can't take the job then until compensation is sorted out.

 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/what-sheffield-wednesday-may-do-after-steve-bruce-resigns-ahead-of-newcastle-united-move-477584

In that case am glad I am wrong.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I said it was "less silly" than the suggestion that Wilder was about to leave United. 

 

I can't say I blame him.  A chance to manage his boyhood club, in the Prem, versus a chance to manage a club with serious financial issues and players on big wages and out of contract, in the Championship.

 

It will be interesting to see who Wednesday bring in next?  An unheard of foreign manager with no knowledge of the EFL?  Or will they go for the "sentimental approach" and offer it to Lee Bullen?

 

I think they will offer it to Lee Bullen.  Good luck to him if they do - but he'll have a tough job on his hands - a major overhaul of the club is needed and I think you need managerial experience and lots of it to pull that one off successfully.

Daniel Farke and David Wagner were both unheard of foreign managers, they didn't do too badly. There's no sentiment in football and Bullen has admitted himself that the jobs too big for him.

 

What are the serious financial issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullen has been a good caretaker type so they do have breathing space. Good riddance to the guy ,I would normally say good luck too, but will pass on that bit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Daniel Farke and David Wagner were both unheard of foreign managers, they didn't do too badly. There's no sentiment in football and Bullen has admitted himself that the jobs too big for him.

 

What are the serious financial issues?

Now theirs a thought, unemployed at the moment..  (I believe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Padders said:

Now theirs a thought, unemployed at the moment..  (I believe)

He's managing Schalke. No chance he leaves for a Championship club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, owl.66 said:

Reports are that an agreement of 4 mil now been paid by Newcastle.

If he has resigned and has no job to go to which has yet he has not who pays the compo.He has not been offered the job yet so that must put the magpies in the clear or am I wrong?It sounds very fishy to me.I always said before he arrived he was the wrong guy and now he has proved me right .WHAT A  ABSOLUTE PLONKER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

If he has resigned and has no job to go to which has yet he has not who pays the compo.He has not been offered the job yet so that must put the magpies in the clear or am I wrong?It sounds very fishy to me.I always said before he arrived he was the wrong guy and now he has proved me right .WHAT A  ABSOLUTE PLONKER.

It doesn't make a difference I've read, it just makes clear his intentions. I'd be doing what I can if I was chansiri to make sure he can't join them till the compo is sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.