Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

Christ shock horror football manager leaves current club to manage his boyhood club !

Hes not the only football manager on the planet,theres still plenty of VERY good ones not working,maybe weve dodged a bullet we can go and get a better one now,I never bought into the Bruce the saviour crap anyhow,he was a hit n miss manager.

Lets start a new chapter

Has Mike Ashley shafted  the 3 Stooges already  ? - Story doing the rounds I don't know how much credence it has but nothing to do with the Star or their excuse for journalists . Mike Ashley supposedly contacted  Bruce on Monday and told the 3 Stooges to resign as he was going to pay the compensation in full . They duly resigned only for Ashley to renage on the agreement  leaving  a monumental <removed> storm and the threat of legal action . Needless to say Bruce and friends not very happy

Edited by nikki-red

On 16/07/2019 at 09:12, Brooker11 said:

Wagner had only managed the Borussia B team under Klopp for a short period of time as did Farke - so not so much the mighty Borussia Dortmund. 

How do you interpret "financial issues", we don't owe anyone anything, we have like other clubs found loopholes in the EFL's ludicrous P&S rules. If we appoint a new manager he will have money to spent, so wheres the issue.

There seems to be a huge element of spin to SUFC fans post on these pages.

I'll tell you where the issue is mate.  You've got loads of players on huge salaries that you can't afford - and no one wants to buy them.  You've got a "soft" transfer embargo on you and despite selling the club back to yourselves to make the books look better, you've still got the threat of FFP hanging over you because you are almost certain to exceed the £39m allowable spend.    Does that help?  Or have I imagined that and it's just "spin"?

Edited by DerbyTup

On 18/07/2019 at 02:47, lobster said:

Has Mike Ashley shafted  the 3 Stooges already  ? - Story doing the rounds I don't know how much credence it has but nothing to do with the Star or their excuse for journalists . Mike Ashley supposedly contacted  Bruce on Monday and told the 3 Stooges to resign as he was going to pay the compensation in full . They duly resigned only for Ashley to renage on the agreement  leaving  a monumental <removed> storm and the threat of legal action . Needless to say Bruce and friends not very happy

Where are you reading this?

Edited by nikki-red

32 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

I'll tell you where the issue is mate.  You've got loads of players on huge salaries that you can't afford - and no one wants to buy them.  You've got a "soft" transfer embargo on you and despite selling the club back to yourselves to make the books look better, you've still got the threat of FFP hanging over you because you are almost certain to exceed the £39m allowable spend.    Does that help?  Or have I imagined that and it's just "spin"?

You need to differentiate between not being able to afford players (untrue) and not abiding by the EFL's ridiculous and restricting rulings, the soft embargo has been lifted and FFP doesn't exist anymore.

Why was it ok for Kevin McCabe to shift assets around to avoid going into embargo/being dissolved (see the records from the recent High Court case) but you demonise the chairman of SWFC for doing it.

You can check via Experian the amount of "new" companies that suddenly appeared just before the sale to the Prince.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

You need to differentiate between not being able to afford players (untrue) and not abiding by the EFL's ridiculous and restricting rulings, the soft embargo has been lifted and FFP doesn't exist anymore.

Why was it ok for Kevin McCabe to shift assets around to avoid going into embargo/being dissolved (see the records from the recent High Court case) but you demonise the chairman of SWFC for doing it.

You can check via Experian the amount of "new" companies that suddenly appeared just before the sale to the Prince.

Hmmm... :huh:

... well if that's true (and I'm sure it must be if you've gone to all the trouble of finding out) then that just highlights the difference between the two cases.

If the new companies appeared (allegedly) 'before the sale to the Prince' then presumably the Prince must have known exactly what he was buying because it happened before the sale...

... whereas the sale of Hillsborough is the direct result of failing to keep within the rules of FFP and is an action that happened after the event in an attempt to dodge any penalties (maybe they should have asked advice from Jordan Rhodes on that one).

And before you remind us once again that FFP doesn't exist anymore, I'll just remind you that the recently submitted accounts are relating to season 2017-2018 - when I believe FFP was alive and well, and still known by it's original name. :roll:

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... well if that's true (and I'm sure it must be if you've gone to all the trouble of finding out) then that just highlights the difference between the two cases.

If the new companies appeared (allegedly) 'before the sale to the Prince' then presumably the Prince must have known exactly what he was buying because it happened before the sale...

... whereas the sale of Hillsborough is the direct result of failing to keep within the rules of FFP and is an action that happened after the event in an attempt to dodge any penalties (maybe they should have asked advice from Jordan Rhodes on that one).

And before you remind us once again that FFP doesn't exist anymore, I'll just remind you that the recently submitted accounts are relating to season 2017-2018 - when I believe FFP was alive and well, and still known by it's original name. :roll:

A flurry of companies were also listed in December last year. I hope the Prince did more due diligence on McCabe than was done vice versa or he won't have found anything.

If FFP/P&S has been circumvented which was the aim in both cases and neither is breaking any law I don't see what your problem is. McCabe said in the High Court that had he not done it SUFC would have been dissolved.

Well, it's good to hear that SWFC have no financial issues then and I'm sure you'll be looking forward to the coming season, if that's the case.

I think a lot will depend on you getting a good experienced manager in and holding on to a few of your better players, whilst bringing in some fresh blood.  

I honestly think you'll struggle because the club is in need of a major overhaul of its playing staff and I don't think the financial capability is there to do that.  But, we'll see. 

22 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

Well, it's good to hear that SWFC have no financial issues then and I'm sure you'll be looking forward to the coming season, if that's the case.

I think a lot will depend on you getting a good experienced manager in and holding on to a few of your better players, whilst bringing in some fresh blood.  

I honestly think you'll struggle because the club is in need of a major overhaul of its playing staff and I don't think the financial capability is there to do that.  But, we'll see. 

I don't agree about a major overhaul. Yes it needed freshing up with new players but our form with Bruce would of got us a playoff place if it had stayed the same. We have let some deadwood go, 3 new players signed so far. Another couple of players in the right positions and we could do well providing we have the right guy in charge

44 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

Like I said you don't seem to be able to get the difference between nearly going bust (Bolton, Bury and as revealed in the High Court SUFC) and just not complying with P&S, two very different beasts.

We've got a good squad we don't need any major overhaul and we've had no problem holding onto players under DC we've lacked pace but we now have Odubajo, Harris and Iorfa who all have it to burn, a couple more additions and the right man at the helm and we'll be there or thereabouts.

It is a good job then that the Blades are successful and got promotion with a 170 million pound prize fund with add on's.🤣By the way I thought I was on a Blades thread sorry about that I did not realise it was about Brucie the guy that was going to bring you success and all the riches of the Prem.

Edited by petcharlie

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Like I said you don't seem to be able to get the difference between nearly going bust (Bolton, Bury and as revealed in the High Court SUFC) and just not complying with P&S, two very different beasts.

We've got a good squad we don't need any major overhaul and we've had no problem holding onto players under DC we've lacked pace but we now have Odubajo, Harris and Iorfa who all have it to burn, a couple more additions and the right man at the helm and we'll be there or thereabouts.

We've never been in danger of going bust.  McCabe always had the capacity to bail us out, he had a reason to state that in Court, because he wanted to emphasise the lack of contribution from the other party and make it clear that without his contribution we were at risk.  

I do understand the difference between this and falling foul of the FFP regulations and I agree with you that they are two totally different situations.  However, the FFP was introduced for a reason and what your club has done is to flout the regulations - so I think you should be accountable for that.  

Bruce himself said that the squad needed "refreshing".  I think that was understating it tbh.  You do have some good players and you played really well since Bruce came in.  But I think you'll struggle to hold on to some of these players and there's not much opportunity to bring in better quality new ones.

It will be interesting to see how things develop, or not, from here.  

I think you're in for a difficult season.  But, if you can turn it round under these circumstances then all credit to your club.