Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

1 hour ago, Eater Sundae said:

SWFC do not have a contract with Newcastle, but they do/did with the  three Steves, so that’s where they should go in the first instance if they feel particularly vindictive. Sue them for breach of contract, and contact the FA, the football league and the Premiership to request that they be banned from coaching until everything is resolved to SWFC’s satisfaction.

Its amazing how clubs can be hammered for wanting to spend their own money but situations like this can be allowed to happen, disgraceful.

1 hour ago, Eater Sundae said:

SWFC do not have a contract with Newcastle, but they do/did with the  three Steves, so that’s where they should go in the first instance if they feel particularly vindictive. Sue them for breach of contract, and contact the FA, the football league and the Premiership to request that they be banned from coaching until everything is resolved to SWFC’s satisfaction.

I would agree with that but i feel the owls have come out of this winning by him walking out before he could do a lot of damage and get 4 mill for him.After all I think he has done the owls a favour.

5 hours ago, Eater Sundae said:

They can join Newcastle aslong as we have got the agreed compensation. If nothing was agreed then the club need to take any action to get it, if they means stopping them joining Newcastle until it's paid then so be it

5 hours ago, Eater Sundae said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I don't suppose anyone on here really knows the answer to this but...

... if Wednesday try to stop Mr Bruce starting work at Newcastle because he is still 'officially' under contract to them (because they have not yet agreed compensation), then wouldn't that also legally stop them from finding a new manager themselves until he 'officially' left, otherwise they could be in a position of having 2 managers at the same time?

It would be interesting to see how the EFL would handle that one.

Oh dear, what a conundrum... :roll:

41 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... if Wednesday try to stop Mr Bruce starting work at Newcastle because he is still 'officially' under contract to them (because they have not yet agreed compensation), then wouldn't that also legally stop them from finding a new manager themselves until he 'officially' left, otherwise they could be in a position of having 2 managers at the same time?

I'm not sure. They have resigned so not sure if it's different to being sacked. If a club wants to get rid of a manager they can give them gardening leave and hire a new manager but they are effectively paying two wages in that situation.

I'm sure the club will take into consideration what the lawyers say about it before doing anything drastic

8 hours ago, Eater Sundae said:

If they go to all that trouble to spite Bruce and his staff, they will, in effect, put off other managers of any note, joining them, sickening as that may be. Wednesday need to turn the page and get themselves the best manager they can. Good riddance to bad rubbish, like a bad divorce, forget about the old and get on with the new.I don't think the Owls owner is short on cash, let's move on. I just hope Wednesday go up and Toon come down,and Bruce never coaches again, that will be better than any compensation package,

Edited by Ontarian1981
Mispell

24 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

If they go to all that trouble to spite Bruce and his staff, they will, in effect, put off other managers of any note, joining them, sickening as that may be. Wednesday need to turn the page and get themselves the best manager they can. Good riddance to bad rubbish, like a bad divorce, forget about the old and get on with the new.I don't think the Owls owner is short on cash, let's move on. I just hope Wednesday go up and Toon come down,and Buce never coaches again, that will be better than any compensation package,

... that would also be my idea of how to deal with it.

I don't think a million or two either way would mean much to Mr FFP Dodger anyway - it's more of a pride thing with him (which I can understand) but like you say, he needs to be careful he doesn't put off the 'names'.

He's clearly got the moral high ground with the majority of the sensible neutral fans so although it's obviously easier said than done, it's probably better to move on... :|

29 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

If they go to all that trouble to spite Bruce and his staff, they will, in effect, put off other managers of any note, joining them, sickening as that may be. Wednesday need to turn the page and get themselves the best manager they can. Good riddance to bad rubbish, like a bad divorce, forget about the old and get on with the new.I don't think the Owls owner is short on cash, let's move on. I just hope Wednesday go up and Toon come down,and Buce never coaches again, that will be better than any compensation package,

Or any manager that comes in knows the chairman won't do anything if they walk out to join another club, plenty of ways to look at it. I trust him to do what he thinks best

22 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... that would also be my idea of how to deal with it.

I don't think a million or two either way would mean much to Mr FFP Dodger anyway - it's more of a pride thing with him (which I can understand) but like you say, he needs to be careful he doesn't put off the 'names'.

He's clearly got the moral high ground with the majority of the sensible neutral fans so although it's obviously easier said than done, it's probably better to move on... :|

🤔 Mr FFP dodger who would this be then? .

The Owls are howed compansation in anyway you want to look at it , Bruce & Newcastle are in the wrong .😉

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I don’t think it’s anything to do with trying to spite him, he’s decimated SWFC’s entire pre-season preparations and should be held accountable, the move has been backed by many, many people and will reflect far worse on Bruce/Ashley than it will on Wednesday.

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

I don’t even know who has control. Is it the Premier League (who Newcastle must answer to), or the EFL (unless the ”Championship” has its own body).

In overall control is the FA, I presume, as they must have overall authority for English football, as they ultimately can veto anything

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Could you point us to the law that restricts an organisation to one manager?