Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

Why not get Bullen in charge?

Always does a good job, and his record speaks volumes.

But no doubt the fans want a big name

2 minutes ago, rogets said:

He did an awful job when he took temporary charge after CC left and by his own admission is not cut out for it.

Who was the caretaker guy that won a few games last season, I thought it was Bullen?

11 minutes ago, rogets said:

Who was the caretaker guy that won a few games last season, I thought it was Bullen?

He did ok doing the obvious of bringing back the players Luhukay had frozen out, any fan could have done that, his previous spell as caretaker was a disaster with one performance v Burton amongst the worst I've ever seen.

Great guy but no manager.

Edited by Brooker11

18 minutes ago, rogets said:

Yeah hopefully they won't sign a big name for the sake of it, look at substance rather than crowd pleasing. It's the results that really please the crowd anyway.

There might be a spanner in the works at Newcastle? Been reported former Marseille coach Bruno Genesio is in England talking about the Newcastle Job????

8 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Really?  Both were well-established foreign managers with several years management experience with one of the biggest and most successful clubs in Europe!

Farke managed for 8 years in Germany, including 2 with the mighty Borrusia Dortmund.  Wagner was Borussia Dortmund's manager for 4 years before he came here.  Over this period Borussia Dortmund have emerged as one of Germany's top teams.

Are you seriously asking me "what are the serious financial issues"?  I can't believe any Wednesday fan would not know what they are?  Unless you are thinking that the sale of the Hillsborough stadium, to yourselves, has eliminated them.  Which it hasn't btw.  

I mean, look...I hear it a lot, one set of Sheffield fans calling the other set "deluded" or something.  For what it's worth, I have nothing whatsoever against Sheffield Wednesday, or Sheffield Wednesday fans.  I think it's fantastic that there is such passion and support for both our city clubs.  And I don't think the supporters of one club are any better or worse than the other.  But if you are being serious with your comments, and you are totally unaware that your club has serious financial issues, then I am gobsmacked tbh.  You must be the only Wednesday fan in the whole city who isn't aware of them!

(I hadn't heard that Bullen had ruled himself out btw when I wrote this.  Very wise I'd say!).

Both managed the reserve teams. And both were unknown in England, far from well established.

If the rumoured £4m compensation is correct we should be able to get a decent replacement, and I'm talking realistically, not Mourinho for example

1 hour ago, owl.66 said:

There might be a spanner in the works at Newcastle? Been reported former Marseille coach Bruno Genesio is in England talking about the Newcastle Job????

Oh, how I hope so Owly Boy.

I hope Bruno gets it, I've always liked him. (Well, I've liked him since I first heard of him, about 20 seconds ago) Tee Hee!

Much better bet than Judas Bruce, it'll be great if he gets it.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I hope Bruno gets it, I've always liked him. (Well, I've liked him since I first heard of him, about 20 seconds ago) Tee Hee!

Now that's what I call justice 

Perhaps now we only want Bruce to get the Newcastle job so SW gets some cash money.

4 hours ago, owl.66 said:

Wouldn't THAT have been wonderful! Turns out sadly, that it's rubbish. Just Ashley trying to force Weds' hands into taking his offer and get season tickets sold. Cue plenty of p***ed off Weds and NU fans on the internet. If it had been true, I would have hoped that Weds would not have accepted him back into the job at Hillsborough. Another Brucie bridge burned imho.

Edited by RyoHazuki

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... so let's just think this one through.

Wednesday would have lost their manager and also wouldn't be due to receive any compensation.

Yep... that sounds really wonderful to me! :hihi: