Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

I said it was "less silly" than the suggestion that Wilder was about to leave United. 

I can't say I blame him.  A chance to manage his boyhood club, in the Prem, versus a chance to manage a club with serious financial issues and players on big wages and out of contract, in the Championship.

It will be interesting to see who Wednesday bring in next?  An unheard of foreign manager with no knowledge of the EFL?  Or will they go for the "sentimental approach" and offer it to Lee Bullen?

I think they will offer it to Lee Bullen.  Good luck to him if they do - but he'll have a tough job on his hands - a major overhaul of the club is needed and I think you need managerial experience and lots of it to pull that one off successfully.

41 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Can't say I'm sad, I didn't want him in the first place.

That's the spirit!😊

24 minutes ago, Padders said:

Any talk of compensation?

Yes, Bruce will get a few million I expect for having to be manager of Sheffield Wednesday. 😂

32 minutes ago, bassett one said:

bring in big sam hes the man,but you can never knock bruce and his team they did a great job when we needed them,but not nice to leave in this way ,but cash is king in football

Don't think that money is the reason at all, he will be the lowest paid manager in the PL according to an article I read yesterday, roughly on the same he was on at Hillsborough.

Obviously Bruce had no thought for the club that thought about his circumstances and let him take the time out he requested (good luck with anything like that from Ashley) before he joined Wednesday. Also no thought about the fans that stuck up for him after the tv pundits had a go about him not arriving for another month after signing up for Wednesday when they played Chelsea.

Edited by iansheff

Relieve him of 1st team duties & stick him on garden leave until an agreement has been made by both clubs ,can't go anywhere until his contracts up .

Hughton would be a great replacement

Hmmm... :huh:

But looking on the bright side...

... that's next season's excuse for failing to get promoted already sorted! :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

Relieve him of 1st team duties & stick him on garden leave until an agreement has been made by both clubs ,can't go anywhere until his contracts up .

He's resigned so he's free to join them now and we can't do a thing about it.  

Hope Newcastle go down next season they way Astly and Bruce have behaved it would be deserved. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

But looking on the bright side...

... that's next season's excuse for failing to get promoted already sorted! :thumbsup:

We already had plenty of those lined up

Reports are that an agreement of 4 mil now been paid by Newcastle.

1 hour ago, TheSte said:

He's resigned so he's free to join them now and we can't do a thing about it.  

Hope Newcastle go down next season they way Astly and Bruce have behaved it would be deserved. 

Sorry you are wrong, he walked out on Palace and they took out an injunction that stopped him taking the Birmingham job, Wednesday could do the same. From what I read he can't take the job then until compensation is sorted out.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/what-sheffield-wednesday-may-do-after-steve-bruce-resigns-ahead-of-newcastle-united-move-477584

Edited by iansheff

On 25/06/2019 at 13:12, Bash Street said:

He put himself forward for the job but apparently Wilders got it.

Oops