Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

37 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

Sky sports just over reporting after what Bruce said after the game yesterday,Bruce can go if he wants with loads of other managers available to step in,but can"t see Ashley wanting to pay between 5m-7m for Bruce

Probably worth just telling them they can have him for 3 million, I think that's enough compromise on our side so if he doesn't want to pay that then tough, Bruce can't moan the club blocked the move just that Ashley is tight. If he doesn't go now it will make things awkward for a while

16 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Probably worth just telling them they can have him for 3 million, I think that's enough compromise on our side so if he doesn't want to pay that then tough, Bruce can't moan the club blocked the move just that Ashley is tight. If he doesn't go now it will make things awkward for a while

To be fair Nervy, if Ashley walks away, I would not blame Chancer for sacking Bruce and leaving him jobless.

I would love him to stay at S6, of course, but morally, there is no way he should.

he has to go and get in big sam,but again whoever comes in has to have the rest with him and lets hope he likes the players,but its causing unrest to everyone,its a horrid time

10 minutes ago, bassett one said:

he has to go and get in big sam,but again whoever comes in has to have the rest with him and lets hope he likes the players,but its causing unrest to everyone,its a horrid time

Fat Sam won't come mate, but there are other good managers out there.  You should just avoid the "Merry-Go-Round" managers, like McClaren, etc. 

21 minutes ago, Grappler said:

To be fair Nervy, if Ashley walks away, I would not blame Chancer for sacking Bruce and leaving him jobless.

I would love him to stay at S6, of course, but morally, there is no way he should.

Hmmm... :huh:

... this could turn out to be a bit harsh.

If Mr FFP Dodger is the thoroughly decent sort that we all believe he is, then it's possible that after giving Mr Bruce permission to talk to Newcastle, they both (however reluctantly) agreed to Mr Bruce doing a runner providing Mr FFP Dodger was adequately compensated - otherwise things would stay as they were.

It could be just the Wednesday fans that are getting the wrong end of the stick (surely not) and overreacting to a situation that both Mr FFP Dodger and Mr Bruce are perfectly happy with...

... or maybe not. :confused:

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It isn't like Ashley can't afford it is it, he is just being tight and trying to get him on the cheap.

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

... this could turn out to be a bit harsh.

If Mr FFP Dodger is the thoroughly decent sort that we all believe he is, then it's possible that after giving Mr Bruce permission to talk to Newcastle, they both (however reluctantly) agreed to Mr Bruce doing a runner providing Mr FFP Dodger was adequately compensated - otherwise things would stay as they were.

It could be just the Wednesday fans that are getting the wrong end of the stick (surely not) and overreacting to a situation that both Mr FFP Dodger and Mr Bruce are perfectly happy with...

... or maybe not. :confused:

Can I ask what the chairman has done that’s not legal in business? Is it much different to McCabe setting up various shell companies and moving SUFC’s assets to them, then selling the “club” for a pound to someone he hopes will then buy the rest for a healthy profit but who hasn’t actually got any money so try’s to borrow it off the Bin Ladens? 

I think the muck spreaders on here need to think before they cast abuse.

11 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Can I ask what the chairman has done that’s not legal in business? Is it much different to McCabe setting up various shell companies and moving SUFC’s assets to them, then selling the “club” for a pound to someone he hopes will then buy the rest for a healthy profit but who hasn’t actually got any money so try’s to borrow it off the Bin Ladens? 

Kevin McCabe moving the club to another entity was not with the aim to fiddle the books, to hide a loss that would cost you a points deduction.

Do keep up.

I am fine with what your owner has done, as long as people come out of the woodwork and admit he is a liar for saying he sold the ground in your 2017/2018 accounting period.

The BBC are even looking into it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48964055  

15 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

... I'm flattered that you seem to think that I might know the answers to these questions Mr Top, but unfortunately I know as little as everyone else on here.

I only popped in to try to help explain what might have happened and to give both Mr FFP Dodger and Mr Bruce the benefit of the doubt which many Wednesday 'fans' seem unable to do.

I'll probably not bother next time... :roll:

14 hours ago, rogets said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Bruce not lead a football team to victory at Wembley a few years ago?

He is good and proven, so sought after as a manager. 

I accept the other team were hopeless and inept, but he still has a track record of winning

Well if you think leading a Premier League team to victory over a third division team means Bruce is a great manager, carry on. His ability isn't really the question  though is it ?

Hello....sorry not many posts been in hospital for a two hour plastic surgery recovering slowly walking again..

As for this brucey business think its shocking he can just walk away coz its his hometown...Ashley paid benietez 6mill a year..wants bruce for a mill a year...Clubs bout bankrupt according to a couple of geodie m8s l have with ash the cash buying every business that's going bust just to line his own pockets..Put the money into the damn club that's what benietez wanted ..Do ye think bruce would get it..nope..

Think bruce should have stayed put but that's football for ye...

Looking forward to our owls games again hope everything be sorted before the last game at Hillsborough ..no pressure just 4-4..lol..

word on twitter bruce and his sidekicks have all resigned ....meanwhile wednesday say he hasn't........sheffield star still think Jos in charge....what a carry on!