Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

Newcastle fans are absolutely gutted about potentially having Bruce as their new manager. 

Edited by Moistened

As a Blade, I want Brucie Bonus to stay at S6,

The fact that he is already trying to leave the book-cooker is hilarious, of course, but it does highlight the character of the man.

Almost ruins Villa, then gets offered a life line by SWFC (2M a year, seriously?) and accepts, but won't start straight away (because the best way to get over a family bereavement is to stay in the Caribbean, watching cricket, yeah right......) and then does that whole weird thing on camera, saying how great it is to have a new king in Thailand.

Not 6 months into the job, he wants to go and speak to Newcastle.  On 2M a year in Sheffield and he wants to leave?, how greedy can one bloke be?

Then it falters, and he says to the press "it's between the clubs to sort it out", not "I am not interested in the Newcastle job", not "I am flattered that Newcastle wanted to speak to me but I have a great job here",  he has literally said (without actually saying it) "if the two clubs can agree on the compensation, I am gone".

What about the three free transfer lads he has just brought in?, what if a new manager doesn't want them?

If Ashley won't play ball with the lying book-cooker, and Bruce (reluctantly) stays at S6, isn't that just another slap in the face for the average. working class football fan?

2 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

anyone would be so gutted! 

Hmmm... :huh:

Especially, I would imagine, someone who made their fortune out of processing fish... :roll:

Silly "book-cooker" comments aside, Grappler's view of things is pretty much my take on it too and exactly what I was saying to Mrs Hazuki. There's no altruism here - don't be naive. I've little doubt Mr Bruce will be at Newcastle on Monday, and what a sour taste in the mouth it leaves either way.

I think Weds are right to push NU/Ashley to pay up. What a poor start to proceedings  it all was (and I warned a mate of mine that this type of beginning would be a good indication of who Bruce would be at Hillsborough - we should have looked elsewhere imho when he was stalling) and *potentially* what a mess left behind when he goes. Poor all over Mr Bruce, I couldn't support you if you stayed so go you must. Imperative now that Weds move him on toot-sweet, get the best deal and take their time finding the right person.

Well according to the article below he is only getting £1m a year at Newcastle which will make him the lowest paid manager in the PL, Benitez was on £6m. Obviously if he does go, then it is not for the money as some people have said.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-the-newcastle-united-contract-offer-that-will-see-steve-bruce-become-lowest-paid-premier-league-manager-476958

Grappler is right. There's something sick about how Bruce has been perceived in the Media over the years, " straight talking" " honest man " " decent bloke " etc. The man is self serving and mercenary. . Before anyone starts I appreciate that football is a vain and fickle business filled with greed and bucket loads of money. His first managerial gig was at the Lane, didn't seem to be there for two minutes before he jumped ship to Huddersfield. He then seemed to go on a merry go round of Huddersfield to, Wigan, then  Palace, back to Wigan then Birmingham all seemingly within a short period. I may not entirely have the sequence correct.   Not sure where he went after that.

I appreciate that football management is a fickle precarious and subject to the whims of Owners, Fans and inçreasingly Player Power. Poor old hapless comical Steve McClaren and other managers appear to try their best without the fawning that Bruce has had around him, but Grapplers description of Bruce's shennanigans is enlightening.

I'm not à Wednesday fan ( honestly) but I feel sorry for the fans , staff, players and slightly less sorry for the owner.

I think  you've all been had by this self serving shallow charletan

1 hour ago, RyoHazuki said:

Silly "book-cooker" comments aside, Grappler's view of things is pretty much my take on it too and exactly what I was saying to Mrs Hazuki. There's no altruism here - don't be naive. I've little doubt Mr Bruce will be at Newcastle on Monday, and what a sour taste in the mouth it leaves either way.

I think Weds are right to push NU/Ashley to pay up. What a poor start to proceedings  it all was (and I warned a mate of mine that this type of beginning would be a good indication of who Bruce would be at Hillsborough - we should have looked elsewhere imho when he was stalling) and *potentially* what a mess left behind when he goes. Poor all over Mr Bruce, I couldn't support you if you stayed so go you must. Imperative now that Weds move him on toot-sweet, get the best deal and take their time finding the right person.

Good post

I'll bet that Simon Jordan ex Palace Director has some stories to tell about Bruce

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Bruce not lead a football team to victory at Wembley a few years ago?

He is good and proven, so sought after as a manager. 

I accept the other team were hopeless and inept, but he still has a track record of winning

Edited by rogets

8 minutes ago, rogets said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Bruce not lead a football team to victory at Wembley a few years ago?

He is good and proven, so sought after as a manager. 

I accept the other team were hopeless and inept, but he still has a track record of winning

Yellow card for that post Roget.  📒.

Sky sports just over reporting after what Bruce said after the game yesterday,Bruce can go if he wants with loads of other managers available to step in,but can"t see Ashley wanting to pay between 5m-7m for Bruce

25 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

Sky sports just over reporting after what Bruce said after the game yesterday,Bruce can go if he wants with loads of other managers available to step in,but can"t see Ashley wanting to pay between 5m-7m for Bruce

my bold

that is my thoughts, even 5m thats what it will cost him, BUT Bruce would not accept the job if there wasnt a substantial amount of money to spend, bruce has had talks with ashley and by all accounts he wants to go so, 2+2 he must have a decent amount of money waiting for him?