Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

4 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

They're your opinions, right or wrong I don't know but I'm not going to slate the guy for putting family first, I'd of done the same in his shoes. I still don't believe he'd leave for just any prem club, I could be wrong but I've not seen anything to suggest he would other than wanting to manage his boyhood club. We'll see what happens in next few days

Do you REALLY believe that nervy ? I have seen nothing to suggest he would not. You lot would be much better getting a up and coming guy or guys what about the Lincoln manager he has worked wonders as did the Accrington fellow or the Luton man all have done well but I do believe the Accrington man has been snapped up by a smart club up the league I am sure someone on here will inform me.

Yes I do, I could be wrong it just gets annoying the cricket getting brought into it. Up and coming brings its own risk, it's a minefield trying to appoint the right guy but Bruce hasn't helped his cause with this.

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Yes I do, I could be wrong it just gets annoying the cricket getting brought into it. Up and coming brings its own risk, it's a minefield trying to appoint the right guy but Bruce hasn't helped his cause with this.

Listen nervy you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that but he was never right for you guys .He is a ladder climber and I am not trying to score points I knew he would be off if a bigger club offered him a job in the prem I REALLY do think you were a stepping stone or a handy bolt hole just to tidy himself over.The reason I said up and coming is that they would think they had made it at your club and they would be full of it where as Brucie would think and i think and has thought it is ok for the time being till something bigger comes along.That is the feeling I get he feels he was to big for you which of course he is not but i feel that is his attitude also lack of money he is a big big spender.I feel you lot should thank your lucky stars a near miss in my view.

Fair enough, not saying your wrong but I'm still not fully convinced. Still manager at the minute though so we'll see. If we do have to replace him it would be good to find an up and coming manager that can do it

My querie would be, how do Owls fans feel knowing he was interested in another job, I know we are all entitled to look elsewhere, but after such a short period of time, do that seem that he's not bothered, personally, i'd be glad to see the back of him if he's being tempted by other offers.

Not great longy but I don't want us to just give him away. If it's true he's asking near 7 million in compo that is abit steep. I'd tell them 3.5 mil and hes yours, take it out of his transfer budget if he's not happy paying it

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

They're your opinions, right or wrong I don't know but I'm not going to slate the guy for putting family first, I'd of done the same in his shoes. I still don't believe he'd leave for just any prem club, I could be wrong but I've not seen anything to suggest he would other than wanting to manage his boyhood club. We'll see what happens in next few days

Have a look at the BBC teletext, page 302.  Bruce; "It's in the hands of the clubs... It's come from nowhere over the last two or three days, so let's see what the weekend brings." 

He'll be holding up a Newcastle shirt with Bruce on the back, around 1pm on Monday. 

All done & dusted.  And don't feel sorry for Mrs Bruce, she's already married to a millionaire. 

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Have a look at the BBC teletext, page 302.  Bruce; "It's in the hands of the clubs... It's come from nowhere over the last two or three days, so let's see what the weekend brings." 

He'll be holding up a Newcastle shirt with Bruce on the back, around 1pm on Monday. 

All done & dusted.  And don't feel sorry for Mrs Bruce, she's already married to a millionaire. 

If it does happen I can't see Ashley going to the expense of providing Bruce with a replica shirt AND a name on the back to boot, a tatty scarf from the Kevin Keegan era perhaps.

Firstly I hope Bruce stays. Secondly I wonder what the honourable Mr Chansiri thinks to going’s on in modern football. Thirdly The football industry doesn’t pay you for loyalty, it pays for results.

It’s not the fact that Bruce wants to manage his boyhood club, it’s the timing. SWFC could be left in a desperate situation.

Professional Integrity is what’s at stake.

Owls need a manager whose passionate about the job, that passion rubs of the players who give 100%.

Bruce just sees it as another job, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don"t. I"m sure the success the blades are enjoying boils down to Chris Wilder. even if they get relegated you can be sure they will give 100%.

It's a funny world, professional football.  As a manager you can have a 10 match losing streak at the start of a season & get the sack one Saturday in October with a decent pay off but come the following Monday, other clubs will be falling over themselves to employ you, blind to your previous record. 

Look at Frank Lampard's failure to get Derby promoted.  Poor thing.  Whatever happened to him, I'm concerned? 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

It's a funny world, professional football.  As a manager you can have a 10 match losing streak at the start of a season & get the sack one Saturday in October with a decent pay off but come the following Monday, other clubs will be falling over themselves to employ you, blind to your previous record. 

Look at Frank Lampard's failure to get Derby promoted.  Poor thing.  Whatever happened to him, I'm concerned? 

Certainly, football  is a funny world. I personally think that Frank Lampard couldn’t lace Chris Wilders managerial boots and sometimes looked lost at Derby County.