Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

Bruce was 'going to retire' last season.

Wednesday would be his last club.

Just saying like ......................................................

Edited by Hotmale 1954
Addition

Idiot fan confronted Bruce at Lincoln. 

Edited by owl.66

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Yes that's what I mean. It's going to make a mess of our plans for the start of the season. It's ok them saying they want a manager in place by time they go on their tour so he has time to plan but it doesn't matter about us.

The least they can do is pay a decent compo to us for our troubles so make them pay, they have plenty of premier League money after all, not like they are skint.

If they offered 4 million then id say take it otherwise forget it and if Bruce doesn't like it he can walk

From today's Sun; "Newcastle owner Mike Ashley could end up having to pay more to make Steve Bruce his new manager than he offered Rafael Benitez to stay." 

Seems a bit strange to offer more money to the likes of Bruce, (very average managerial record, & I speak as a Blade who never rated him), when compared with the likes of Benitez. 

Let's face it, Bruce doesn't even have a managerial record that can compare with the likes of Warnock. 

The problem now for Wed is Bruce's move to Newcastle falls through.  You now all know his heart is not really in it at Hillsborough. If I was the Wed Chairman, I'd terminate Bruce's contract & look for a new manager proto. 

Wonder if (when) he goes, he'll ask if he can start when he's watched the cricket for a couple of months! 🏏😏

15 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

3-0 up The Owls,where is Foresteri?

3-1 now

FF will be on leave, seems to do what he wants

33 minutes ago, pintor said:

Wonder if (when) he goes, he'll ask if he can start when he's watched the cricket for a couple of months! 🏏😏

Well that should have been the first warning sign for Owls fans.  Sending your deputies in to do the work while he was out watching the cricket but still claiming the wages. 

Edited by Baron99

And yet with the uncertainty that Bruce & his backroom staff might be on their way out, someone is signing players? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48975158#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Bruce might not be going but as I stated earlier, Owls fans now know that if a Premiership club comes calling, he'll be showing an interest in leaving.  Better to get rid of him at the pre season stage.

53 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

3-0 up The Owls,where is Foresteri?

3-1 now

Stocksbridge in the other pre-season game today.

33 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well that should have been the first warning sign for Owls fans.  Sending your deputies in to do the work while he was out watching the cricket but still claiming the wages. 

The reasons stated were fair enough as much as blades fans were slagging off for it but you really believe the club started paying him a wage before he started fully? I'm sure it would of only been his staff that were getting paid

23 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

The reasons stated were fair enough as much as blades fans were slagging off for it but you really believe the club started paying him a wage before he started fully? I'm sure it would of only been his staff that were getting paid

Aren't we taking about football, not the real world? 

He signed 12 month contract in Jan with one of the richest blokes on the planet.  He would be paid from day one.  

Think the Chairman down at Hillsborough is a decent & honourable bloke & that's why he's allowed Bruce to talk to Newcastle & that's part of the problem at the moment? 

Speaking with Wed fans over his tenure, he's reluctant to let players go, (showing them loyalty when most are money mercenaries these days), which is affecting your balance sheets / giving Wed the FFP problems. 

Let's face it, Ashley, (as is McCabe), is a pauper compared with the likes of Chansiri.  

The questions are; 

1. Would  Chansiri be prepared to match any personal financial offer made to Bruce by Ashley to keep him at Hillsborough?  (Wed certainly aren't in a position to chuck the money at players which is what will ultimately be attracting Bruce). 

2.  If Chansiri did match the salary of Newcastle & Bruce decided to stay at Hillsborough would you accept him as a manager without the ability to spend?

As state previously, I'd get rid now.  If he stays, he'll not see the season out before he goes. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

They're your opinions, right or wrong I don't know but I'm not going to slate the guy for putting family first, I'd of done the same in his shoes. I still don't believe he'd leave for just any prem club, I could be wrong but I've not seen anything to suggest he would other than wanting to manage his boyhood club. We'll see what happens in next few days