Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

No I don't think so for one minute.  But it's about as silly as the thread about Wilder leaving United to take over Championship West Brom.  In fact, actually, it may even be less silly than that.  Because it would be a step-up for Bruce to be appointed as the new Newcastle United manager wouldn't it?  

The bookies have him at 20/1 to become the new Geordie boss but those odds won't stay high for too long I guess? 😉

Edited by nikki-red

He put himself forward for the job but apparently Wilders got it.

Can't see them wanting him, probably look abroad for their new manager. I don't pay much attention to bookies odds on managers

He's a mercenary and if he jumps ship it won't come as a shock.

Tell ye contracts mean nothing nowadays if a manager signs for so many years he should honor the club before he goes.

Some just get greedy and want the money..

Not sure where this ones going, has Ashley had direction from the new owners (if sale goes through), they may have their own man lined up. I wouldn't have thought swapping Benitez for Wilder or Bruce would be a good move to be honest.

neither wilder or bruce are good enough for newcastle,both need to prove themselves at that level,and i fully expect the newcastle fans ect to demand more and steve can stay with us take us up as utd and newcastle come down,only joking lads

This was on the Sky transfer centre at 13.20.

BREAKING NEWS

Steve Bruce is one of the names under consideration to take over at Newcastle United.

He’s been backed in to 9/4 favourite with some major bookmakers overnight. Last night he was as big as 33/1. 

Bruce is Newcastle-born, but of course previously managed rivals Sunderland. 

Newcastle fly to China for the Asia Cup on Saturday and they are keen to replace Rafa Benitez before then. 

On 26/06/2019 at 14:28, bassett one said:

neither wilder or bruce are good enough for newcastle,both need to prove themselves at that level,and i fully expect the newcastle fans ect to demand more and steve can stay with us take us up as utd and newcastle come down,only joking lads

Nothing in Wilders background suggests he’s “not good enough”

Edited by Ridgewalk

WHY WOULD HE WANT TO GO TO NEWCASTLE,HES A wednesday manager ,it may be a higher position and more cash,but a downward step in life.

36 minutes ago, bassett one said:

WHY WOULD HE WANT TO GO TO NEWCASTLE,HES A wednesday manager ,it may be a higher position and more cash,but a downward step in life.

Managing in front of 50,000+ each match instead of 23,000.  Would be a step up from Wednesday