Adult electric scooter in sheffield

Is there anywhere in Sheffield  or South Yorkshire where I can buy an adults electric scooter with a seat, that is British made? Not a mobility scooter.

As electric scooters (mobility scooters excepted) are not allowed on UK roads an pavements, there isn't a demand for them.

The internet would be your best bet, or a trip to Europe.

It's not for use on pavements or roads  

On 25/06/2019 at 08:55, Annie Bynnol said:

As electric scooters (mobility scooters excepted) are not allowed on UK roads an pavements, there isn't a demand for them.

Not true, there's  a growing demand in London, following the trend in other capitals.

What's the point. The plug will come out of the wall as soon as you get down the road .

They are very popular over here, mind you they are street legal and don't require a license or road tax or insurance, so no wonder. All you must have is a crash helmet and they come with the scooter if you buy new. Best of all they hardly look any different to petrol ones but obviously much cleaner. I have seen them as low as$1250Can.brand new.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Are we all getting confused with electric child's scooters and an actual, proper, road legal electric moped type thing?

The latter is legal and some of them look quite swish!

Edited by tinfoilhat
Shocking spelling.

I've seen a few adults riding larger* versions of the fold-up kids scooters you see in the park - except these are clearly 'powered'.

I think they're great, and could easily reduce car use for the majority of journeys, which we know is one person traveling a couple of miles or less.

But we need to create the environment for them to take off : low traffic neighbourhoods, using filters, cycle routes, etc. All the stuff we need to do anyway. 

(*but not much)

Edited by ads36