Driver of a Prius that had a can of rebull launched at them...

2 hours ago, vwkittie said:

I'm surprised more cars don't just come with 'dash' cams as standard nowadays, given that many have multiple cameras housed at the top of the windscreen/on the tailgate anyway (mine's got two or three up front and a reversing camera)

There is a massive dash cam culture in eastern Europe and in Russia, virtually everyone has one and its because the amount of people deliberately causing accidents for compensation claims was insane at one point.

I was followed on the bottom tier of the Tinsley Viaduct (the single lane southbound section) by a company van whos driver was constantly on his phone and hardly looking ahead. I've got front and rear cameras on my car so I downloaded the footage and emailed it to the company concerned. I got an email back saying that the driver had been suspended pending a disciplinary hearing for breaking company policy. At first I felt quite bad that this guy might lose his job, but then I thought "why worry" he shouldn't have been doing it.

I had someone overtake me 3 times (quite closely) in a range rover whilst on the phone.

I did think about grabbing the footage from my camera to see if it was obvious, but I suspect that it wouldn't be visible as the camera is facing forwards, I could see because I looked as he overtook me, and again when I passed him at the traffic lights, but I don't have a headcam, it's on my handlebars.