Peperoni / Peperone history in Sheffield

My wife's ancestor Giovanni Antonio Peperone (also spelt Peperonie) was born in Genoa (Lavaggi) in 1870. He emigrated about 1890 (or earlier) to live in Sheffield. In the 1891 UK census he was living with 19 Italians at 30 Smithfield in the household of Antonio Cassinelli who was married to Dominiick Spinetto. I believe all three originated from Borzonasca and Mezzanego and could have emigrated together (although Antonio was living in the UK much earlier). Giovanni lost his father before he was born. I am trying to piece together his early years in Italy, the possible connection with Antonio and Dominick and how and when he migrated to the UK. Any insights on his early years and how to find genealogical information about Borzonasca would be much appreciated.

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=6598&h=5227288&ssrc=pt&tid=21293179&pid=432091849199&usePUB=true

Giovanni married in 1893 at Emmanuel Church Sheffield and had 6 children with Mary Ann Lockton (partly documented on the West Bar website). He died in Wath upon Deane in 1919. Any insight on his life from 1870 to his marriage would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Edited by nikki-red

9 minutes ago, tonyt071 said:

My wife's ancestor Giovanni Antonio Peperone (also spelt Peperonie) was born in Genoa (Lavaggi) in 1870. He emigrated about 1890 (or earlier) to live in Sheffield. In the 1891 UK census he was living with 19 Italians at 30 Smithfield in the household of Antonio Cassinelli who was married to Dominiick Spinetto. I believe all three originated from Borzonasca and Mezzanego and could have emigrated together (although Antonio was living in the UK much earlier). Giovanni lost his father before he was born. I am trying to piece together his early years in Italy, the possible connection with Antonio and Dominick and how and when he migrated to the UK. Any insights on his early years and how to find genealogical information about Borzonasca would be much appreciated.

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=6598&h=5227288&ssrc=pt&tid=21293179&pid=432091849199&usePUB=true

Giovanni married in 1893 at Emmanuel Church Sheffield and had 6 children with Mary Ann Lockton (partly documented on the West Bar website). He died in Wath upon Deane in 1919. Any insight on his life from 1870 to his marriage would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Hello Tony and welcome to the forum.

You might find this website useful.

http://www.west-bar-italians.co.uk/home/4579815761

Thank you Jim, trust me i have read every word of this wonderful website, its really the launching block for my questions, best regards Tony

38 minutes ago, tonyt071 said:

Thank you Jim, trust me i have read every word of this wonderful website, its really the launching block for my questions, best regards Tony

Sorry Tony, I missed where you referenced it in your OP.