Sheds Supplied and Erected

Guest makapaka

Could anyone recommend somewhere that supplies and erects garden sheds in Sheffield / surrounding areas please?

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Could anyone recommend somewhere that supplies and erects garden sheds in Sheffield / surrounding areas please?

Well I can't, as I'm not in the area but what I would say is make sure your base is flat and level as some suppliers won't erect it otherwise. Unless of course you want them to put the base in as well.

Guest makapaka

Thanks for reply.

i already have a concrete base in place it’s just a new shed i need.

Lots of suppliers provide sheds as flat packs which take no more than a couple of hours to put up and will save you paying someone to do it. A cordless drill and a decent spirit level are all you need.

Whats the best type of shed to get, wood or metal??

Metal are an absolute  nightmare to erect - watched a family at the weekend take all day and 3 blokes to put a small shed up.

I used these http://www.shedecks.co.uk/index.html  last year for a summer house and it was a quality piece of kit.

Most online shed suppliers provide an installation service on delivery as an optional extra.

I'm looking for a metal shed. They last forever (well some come with 20yr guarantee) and some look quite nice.  My 4 or 5 year old wooden shed has plants growing through the slats, the roof already leaks, is rotten and is ready for the skip.

12 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

My 4 or 5 year old wooden shed has plants growing through the slats, the roof already leaks, is rotten and is ready for the skip.

You get what you pay for with a wooden shed (although it sounds like you have neglected yours 😉)

They do need to be looked after. I paint mine with Wickes own shed and fence paint every two years, replaced the crap shed felt with real roofing felt and it stands on bricks so doesn’t sit in water during the rainy season.

It is now 21 years old and looks like new, 😀

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You get what you pay for with a wooden shed (although it sounds like you have neglected yours 😉)

They do need to be looked after. I paint mine with Wickes own shed and fence paint every two years, replaced the crap shed felt with real roofing felt and it stands on bricks so doesn’t sit in water during the rainy season.

It is now 21 years old and looks like new, 😀

Yea I inherited this one when I bought the house. Going by the 'improvements' the previous owners did to the house, the shed is bound to be a bargain basement job.

Which is why I want a metal shed. I don't have the time or inclination to be faffing around painting a shed every couple of years! 😉