Bad language from a legend

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Can a woman be a lady in all other aspects but swear and still be a lady or does the language cancel out the lady status?

is a loutish thug the same as a foul mouthed female?

Stereotypes eh?

Look it up on Google and you'll find the answer.

Guest makapaka
44 minutes ago, francypants said:

Look it up on Google and you'll find the answer.

Ok I did I got this - how many of these type of people do you know? And - do you know if they swear or not?

a woman of good social position.
"lords and ladies were once entertained at the house"
synonyms: noblewoman, gentlewoman, duchess, countess, peeress, viscountess, baroness, dame, grand dame
"lords and ladies and royalty were once entertained at the house"

Of topic slightly but many ‘high level’ aristocrats (Dukes Duchesses etc.) use all manor of sweary language when they are out of the public gaze, including I believe the Queen! 😵

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Of topic slightly but many ‘high level’ aristocrats (Dukes Duchesses etc.) use all manor of sweary language when they are out of the public gaze, including I believe the Queen! 😵

That is the whole point of this thread.

What you do in private is totally up to you.   In public it is a different matter.

On 24/06/2019 at 11:59, JamesR123 said:

He is an adult using adult language.

I don't see the problem here.

There’s no such thing as adult language.! 

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Ok I did I got this - how many of these type of people do you know? And - do you know if they swear or not?

a woman of good social position.
"lords and ladies were once entertained at the house"
synonyms: noblewoman, gentlewoman, duchess, countess, peeress, viscountess, baroness, dame, grand dame
"lords and ladies and royalty were once entertained at the house"

Obviously you only selected one of the meanings of which there are many.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

There’s no such thing as adult language.! 

If there was no such thing as adult language, why do moderators ban/hide/remove certain words and phrases from our posts because this is a ‘family forum’ which is a euphemism for ‘kids read it’?

20 hours ago, Halibut said:

If you find very old fashioned misogyny and crude racial stereotyping funny I suppose it's funny once. I've never found those things funny.

oh give over its funny because its an observational comedy and human traits comedy, once heard thats enough.

1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

oh give over its funny because its an observational comedy and human traits comedy, once heard thats enough.

Yeah ,Halibut uses the word mysogyny a lot.The irony in his Chubby Brown comment is that more women go to see Chubby than men do.

One has to just look at the crowds leaving his shows.Sorry Lizzie, but the other girls are all still laughing on their way out. 😂

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

Can a woman be a lady in all other aspects but swear and still be a lady or does the language cancel out the lady status?

is a loutish thug the same as a foul mouthed female?

Stereotypes eh?

What other aspects? I'd say regular public swearing would rule out a woman from being considered a lady, and regular public swearing would rule out a man being considered a gentleman.

Using foul language expresses a sever lack of Education. :roll:

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If there was no such thing as adult language, why do moderators ban/hide/remove certain words and phrases from our posts because this is a ‘family forum’ which is a euphemism for ‘kids read it’?

Isnt it communally known as obscene language, "look obscene up"