Bad language from a legend

No it doesn't James, it shows a distinct lack of ability to make intelligent conversation and use of our language. It also shows  a lack of respect for yourself, the person you're speaking to and others who are in hearing distance. As soon as you resort to swearing you have lost the point and any argument, you resort to swearing because you haven't got a sensible answer.

Edited by cytine

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Ladies swear too.

They are not ladies.     They are foul mouthed females.

34 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

The four letter word adds emphasis.

Oh, you think so do you !!     It would have the opposite effect on me because I'd tell you to shut up.

I bet you don't even realize you're swearing because it's a habit. 

4 minutes ago, cytine said:

No it doesn't James, it shows a distinct lack of ability to make intelligent conversation and use of our language. It also shows  a lack of respect for yourself, the person you're speaking to and others who are in hearing distance. As soon as you resort to swearing you have lost the point and any argument, you resort to swearing because you haven't got a sensible answer.

Very well said.

On 24/06/2019 at 13:55, lazarus said:

You don't use foul language in a busy restaurant or anywhere else in public and if you don't see a problem with that you must do the same.

If he’s no longer employed by the club therefore under no constraints to not use bad language apart from everyday social conventions. 

Im struggling with the concept of « Sheffield Wednesday » and «  Legend »

Guest makapaka
19 minutes ago, cytine said:

But swearing is part of our language - it has been for centuries.

18 minutes ago, francypants said:

They are not ladies.     They are foul mouthed females.

Oh, you think so do you !!     It would have the opposite effect on me because I'd tell you to shut up.

I bet you don't even realize you're swearing because it's a habit. 

What’s the difference between a lady and a foul mouthed female - is it just the swearing thing or something else too. What is a lady?

On 24/06/2019 at 12:20, Top Cats Hat said:

Not just sports people. Public and private personas are often very different. A very famous TV personality who shall remain nameless uses the f-word in almost every sentence which sounds very weird spoken in the voice of someone we all grew up with! 😳

John Craven?

16 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

What an odd person you appear to be.

You would be the odd one if you started swearing in a decent public establishment

You obviously know your place in life.

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You do know that this is 2019, don’t you? 🙄

Arh yes, that makes it alright then.

20 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Arh yes, that makes it alright then.

Makes what alright?

A slightly inane and vague OP and 5 pages of ranty drivel doth follow. 

4 hours ago, cytine said:

...in your opinion.

And just to add petrol onto the fire, I always walk on the outside of my wife when we walk on a footpath (well I did when I could walk) and I always used give my seat up to a female, and would willingly open a door for a female and let them through first.

In my naivety I always thought all men did this. But after reading this post I see I am in a minority. And we wonder why youth crime, stabbings and shootings are rife. This post describes exactly why. LACK OF ANY PARENTAL CONTROL.

Just to add, "Manners Maketh the Man." 

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

12 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

And just to add petrol onto the fire, I always walk on the outside of my wife when we walk on a footpath (well I did when I could walk) and I always used give my seat up to a female, and would willingly open a door for a female and let them through first.

In my naivety I always thought all men did this. But after reading this post I see I am in a minority. And we wonder why youth crime, stabbings and shootings are rife. This post describes exactly why. LACK OF ANY PARENTAL CONTROL.

Just to add, "Manners Maketh the Man." 

Angel1.

Sadly not many of us left.