Summer 2019 weather thread

Poorer down with rain at Swallownest never heard it so hard before. Is everyone ok any flooding?

I"m waiting patiently for the thunderstorms, love a good storm... not seen a proper storm since the 60s.

Agree. We just don't get them anymore. The sky used to light up on a summer night with lightening. It helped to ripen the wheat in the fields.

Slightly off the thunderstorm thread.  Ever heard the guy who Paul Hudson interviews on his Radio Sheffield Sunday show, every 3 or 4 month for a long range weather forecast? 

Dave King runs his own website, 'Weather without technology.' 

He uses past records / trends & old weather lore.  He's predicted  in South Yorkshire, a hot spell from 11th to 15th July & another from 11th to 15th August.  The rest of the time he reckons it'll be a typical British summer; 3 hot days & a thunderstorm. 

Wait for it.... end of October, he's predicted heavy snow; a wet & stormy Christmas Day & at the end of February next year, a few weeks of severe winter weather, that'll make the Beast from the East, look like a minor cold spell. 

You've been warned. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

If you are awake now don't go to bed, the storm has started. Currently in a line over Manchester Airport, Derby and Nottingham and coming North.

5 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Best storm I've seen for years!

Was it that good !   Went to bed at 11pm and never heard a thing.

I was still up at 3am this morning and here in Birdwell it was nothing.   A few lightning flashes and a bit of rumbling then it was gone.

15 hours ago, Padders said:

Was it that good !   Went to bed at 11pm and never heard a thing.

The lightning was spectacular, big flashes every second for a while at one point all over the sky. Thunder wasn't as good though there were a few really long loud rumbles.

On 24/07/2019 at 12:05, francypants said:

I was still up at 3am this morning and here in Birdwell it was nothing.   A few lightning flashes and a bit of rumbling then it was gone.

Sounds like a good night out in Birdwell:-)

There is a weather warning in place for thunderstorms today starting at 3pm.  Fingers crossed.  I love thunderstorms!