Chinese club reportedly offering Rafa Benitez £30m a year salary.

The money in football is getting way out of control. I just read that Rafa Benitez looks like leaving Newcastle next week when his contract expires as they can't agree a new deal. Apparently he is weighing up a lucrative offer from Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang reported to be worth £30million a year - five times his current salary. How can a club pay that amount of money to a manager, it makes you wonder what the players are on if the club is throwing money around like that. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/rafa-benitez-set-to-leave-newcastle-after-failing-to-agree-new-contract/ar-AADgUjL?ocid=spartanntp

Go over there, do a half assed job for a year, collect the money then retire. Sounds good.

1 hour ago, yorkyboyuk20 said:

ill do it for 2m a year

Best me to the punchline. 

Just announced that Benitez is to leave Newcastle United when his contract expires June 30th

Not sure i believe this. For £30mil a year they could have Pep Guardiola. Why wouldn't they just do that?

Sky sports confirmed Benitez will be managing Dalian Yifang in China.

I'm sure he knows all about them....NOT!

So much for him saying he has a top job left in him and wants to win major prizes.

Clearly the money talks.

8 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

So much for him saying he has a top job left in him and wants to win major prizes.

Clearly the money talks.

He says the powers that be at Newcastle "don't share his vision", lol.

9 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Clearly the money talks.

That kind of money would speak volumes to me. You can't blame anybody for grabbing that, if it's true that is.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:42, Mr Fisk said:

majorhttps://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-rafa-benitez-leaves-newcastle-17129000

Yep. Looks like he finally lost patience with the board.

The last time Newcastle United won a  major trophy was in 1969, perhaps they don't share anybody's vision.

Edited by St Petre
Add

On 02/07/2019 at 03:36, Ontarian1981 said:

That kind of money would speak volumes to me. You can't blame anybody for grabbing that, if it's true that is.

Damn right. You show me someone who says they would stay at Newcastle over 30mil to manage in China, and I'll show you a liar!