Blades transfer targets.

20 hours ago, Moistened said:

I've gone past listening to opposition fans about players! 

McGoldrick - Always injured, inconsistent. 

Egan - Slow, cumbersome, poor footballer. 

JOC - Not good enough, prone to errors. 

Even Coventry fans didn't rate Fleck too highly and they were a League One side! 

About £40 million worth of players there now! 

Behave yourself. Yes they all have done well but 40 million????

1 minute ago, petcharlie said:

Well I am still scratching my head with this one but knowing Wilder he could make him good'un.

Was only messing. He could come good but the stats don't look great, could probably say that about a few of his players though to be fair.

3 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Was only messing. He could come good but the stats don't look great, could probably say that about a few of his players though to be fair.

He seems to be a one off when going for signings .You are right some of them have been baffling none more so than McGoldrick not good enough for struggling Ipswich who kick him out but voted player of the year when Wilder got him on a free and brought him to the lane.Remember us fans scratching our heads at that one to but he scored 16 goals for us in the league.I do not have a clue what Wilder has that transform these no hopers and I do not want to know thankyou very much🤣🤣

Always liked mcgoldrick, wouldn't of complained if we signed him, bargain in a free but would of ended up in the treatment room more often than not knowing us

6 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Not far off. 

JOC - 10-15 million

Egan - 8-10 million 

Fleck - 10 million

McGoldrick - 4 million

That's all modest, just look at the fees getting paid for top Championship players! If, and it's a big if, we have a good season, they'll be worth considerably more too 

Edited by Moistened

8 hours ago, Moistened said:

Not far off. 

JOC - 10-15 million

Egan - 8-10 million 

Fleck - 10 million

McGoldrick - 4 million

That's all modest, just look at the fees getting paid for top Championship players! If, and it's a big if, we have a good season, they'll be worth considerably more too 

McGoldrick had a decent season but if you can get £4m for him you could sell sand to the Arabs, that valuation is miles off. You might get those figures for the other three if they perform in the Prem for a full season but not at present.

For the record I think United will more than hold there own next season and I'd expect to finish around 10th place.

23 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

McGoldrick had a decent season but if you can get £4m for him you could sell sand to the Arabs, that valuation is miles off. You might get those figures for the other three if they perform in the Prem for a full season but not at present.

For the record I think United will more than hold there own next season and I'd expect to finish around 10th place.

Perhaps you're right given his age and injury record prior to us. The other three however would currently fetch that amount I reckon when you look at their age, quality and what they've achieved. 

We paid 4 million for Egan for example, I don't think it's ridiculous that an English player of his age who's just won promotion to the Premier League wouldn't have more than doubled his value. 

Edited by Moistened

2 hours ago, Moistened said:

Perhaps you're right given his age and injury record prior to us. The other three however would currently fetch that amount I reckon when you look at their age, quality and what they've achieved. 

We paid 4 million for Egan for example, I don't think it's ridiculous that an English player of his age who's just won promotion to the Premier League wouldn't have more than doubled his value. 

I think the problem is the market, Championship teams won't pay those amounts (most anyway) and Prem teams would probably look at players more proven, they could reach those values if they shine next season.

On 17/07/2019 at 23:18, Moistened said:

I've gone past listening to opposition fans about players! 

McGoldrick - Always injured, inconsistent. 

Egan - Slow, cumbersome, poor footballer. 

JOC - Not good enough, prone to errors. 

Even Coventry fans didn't rate Fleck too highly and they were a League One side! 

About £40 million worth of players there now! 

Good points

Save Our Owls

17 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Always liked mcgoldrick, wouldn't of complained if we signed him, bargain in a free but would of ended up in the treatment room more often than not knowing us

Our best player last season mate. Some achievement given the performances  of his team mates.

Save Our Owls 🦉 ( it’s not too late)

This will not do we have not spent a penny today .🤣

5 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

This will not do we have not spent a penny today .🤣

Time yet!😅

My god we have just spent another 10 mill on the Bournemouth lad do not know why but I am sure Wilder will know why ,It's raining money at the Lane never known it before.Throwing it about like confetti.

On 22/06/2019 at 13:17, Bash Street said:

Does McCabe know about all this spending? It isn't going to happen is it.

It's happened 10mill for the Bournemouth guy.

18 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

My god we have just spent another 10 mill on the Bournemouth lad do not know why but I am sure Wilder will know why ,It's raining money at the Lane never known it before.Throwing it about like confetti.

It's happened 10mill for the Bournemouth guy.

WOW !!    Kevin de Bruyne gets paid that for his annual salary.