Is there any chance of having the option to see the 'for sale' posts NOT split into sections.

I like to see whatever's available, something might tickle my fancy - but just don't bother to dip in and out of each category.

Or even just a 'new today' or 'this week' option.

I'm not suggesting scrapping the categories (though you can for me), just offering a different way of viewing the data.

Yeah, the new classifieds is terrible. Used to use it everyday on the old forum but not at all on this platform. There are alternative threads on this somewhete but not sure it was ever addressed. Just use gumtree now.

I have noticed bugs with the new one recently too, but every time I go to report it to the helpdesk it's gone..

but basically, when you get the list of categories ( https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/classifieds/category/1-sheffield-classifieds/ )

Some times, the "latest post" it shows on the right side, is some times different to the actual latest if you click the category either the post isn't there, or there's a newer one that's not shown on the previous screen...

not seen it often, but have seen it - keeping an eye out for it again!

The changes to the SF items for sale section have been spoiled. No longer as good as it was

Whats wrong with it? Its easy to navigate, all the different sections are clear and its easy to see when new items come up for sale.

I like it.

Posted (edited)

Yup, it’s terrible. Many threads and posts suggesting as such. It’s why it doesn’t get used anymore. There should be a way to view all adverts in a single thread without having to go into every category individually. 

Edited by Happ

Posted (edited)

Whats happened to the numbers posting in the classified, i use to buy and sometimes sell in the computer board, and a few others, hardly any there now, it is a vital avenue for those on low income, E bay sellers are asking for ridiculous prices for 2nd hand components, shavers, etc.

Edited by gamezone07