Mark Field / Greenpeace protester

12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

There has been an  overreaction to the action the Tory MP took against the protester.  The images don't look good but if a security person had reacted the same as the Tory MP then this wouldn't be a story to attract the news. The Tory MP shouldn't be criticised for doing the job a security person should have done.

However Mark Field said himself that he over reacted. I doubt whether a security guard would have grabbed a woman by the scruff of the neck and pushed her into the pillar. 

Though as you know, he is a Minister, and therefore something like this will cause comment. 

Mark Field is not a small man apparently. He could've blocked her while security was arrived.

However I don't think any further action should be taken against him

Edited by Mister M

29 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

There has been an  overreaction to the action the Tory MP took against the protester.  The images don't look good but if a security person had reacted the same as the Tory MP then this wouldn't be a story to attract the news. The Tory MP shouldn't be criticised for doing the job a security person should have done.

A security person wouldn't have reacted the same way.

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

However Mark Field said himself that he over reacted. I doubt whether a security guard would have grabbed a woman by the scruff of the neck and pushed her into the pillar. 

Though as you know, he is a Minister, and therefore something like this will cause comment. 

Mark Field is not a small man apparently. He could've blocked her while security was arrived.

However I don't think any further action should be taken against him

You're right.

In a similar situation I would have ushered the person away, without the man handling. 

He should have stood up and blocked her way - when she pushed him, would that have been classified as assault - I doubt it!

We are now living in a 2 class society - those who shout loud and those who stand up for their own rights.

We need to fight back against the shouters! c.f. Tony Martin

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

How would they have reacted?

(Assuming you are a security person because then you have the insider knowledge)

5 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

You're right.

In a similar situation I would have ushered the person away, without the man handling. 

man handling - that's very sexist.

What do you mean by that term?

(I realise that sexism is binary(?) and therefore you can't be 'very' you can either be sexist or not).

Edited by Litotes

But more to the point - will the Met charge them with trespass?

If not, does that mean we can all walk into private dinners and get shouty without any worries about being charged or will it be discriminatory?

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

I bet they are, sooooo much free publicity and a minister sacked to boot.

Theres stopping people and there’s stopping people. Nobody stopped the bloke who gave May her P45, until proper security finally jumped into action - and we all had a laugh at that one. This one, security should have stepped up well before Rambo field felt the need grab her by the throat. But I suspect many are sticking up for him because of sash she was wearing, not what she actually did.

top bold: I don't doubt that these days with all twitter type things, that something will end up on there, and shared and more scandal when they cheering at day's work! It's got enough media time now to be interesting to the people.

bottom bold: I'm not sure if you meaning me, or referring to the climate demo today at the station.

Either way, I'm not sticking up for him, but equally, these people (like today, where the head guy didn't even know what the Clean Air Zone was in any more detail than - 'To clean up the city' type words) - know they are taking risks when they do something that isn't expected.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

No, it seems from the footage that they just let them past.

7 minutes ago, Litotes said:

He should have stood up and blocked her way - when she pushed him, would that have been classified as assault - I doubt it!

We are now living in a 2 class society - those who shout loud and those who stand up for their own rights.

(Assuming you are a security person because then you have the insider knowledge)

Not a security expert but I've worked at enough events to know you just don't launch at a trespassers like that. But fair dos, I'm not a security expert but if you can find one who thinks he handled it perfectly I'd be very surprised.

If he had blocked her path and shepherded her out, I'd have doffed my cap to a job well done.

14 minutes ago, Litotes said:

(I realise that sexism is binary(?) and therefore you can't be 'very' you can either be sexist or not).

Man handling, is grabbing hold of somebody and ejecting them. It's a well known and understood phrase.

In some ways I'm sexist and many ways I'm not.

I agree he should have interjected.

He probably did it ott. I might have done the same , I might have not. I migjt have done it differently.

People aren't perfect. They do what they do as it seems right at the time. Does it make them good or bad, or right or wrong?

People judge them on who they are , and their own pre conceived ideas of what they already think of them.

4 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Not calling him misogynystic though. That wouldn't work then. You'd have to call him a misandrist.

Or just a self-important tosspot.

Just now, Pettytom said:

Or just a self-important tosspot.

Or a person chucking somebody out who was causing a disturbance.

He probably is that too btw.

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

If he had blocked her path and shepherded her out, I'd have doffed my cap to a job well done.

That would be the sensible way.

14 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

top bold: I don't doubt that these days with all twitter type things, that something will end up on there, and shared and more scandal when they cheering at day's work! It's got enough media time now to be interesting to the people.

bottom bold: I'm not sure if you meaning me, or referring to the climate demo today at the station.

Either way, I'm not sticking up for him, but equally, these people (like today, where the head guy didn't even know what the Clean Air Zone was in any more detail than - 'To clean up the city' type words) - know they are taking risks when they do something that isn't expected.

No, it seems from the footage that they just let them past.

Yeah, as I’ve said, somebody needs sacking. Although I did read - but can’t verify - that there was airport type scanners on the door (sounds a bit off to me). 

But I’m not having a pop at you at all (maybe a bit a penny and parts of the Twitter sphere in general) and I didn’t know there were protests but there seems to be a bit of playing the sash rather than the ball so to speak.

owen jones is disgrace what he put   lets say that  it was heavy handed  but personally  ometimes its needed  better a female had done it though