Mark Field / Greenpeace protester

3 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Yes and yes

If that's a reply to my questions it's civil to quote my post.

4 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Whether she had any right to be there makes no difference

No I think Prescott was wrong too. I’m saying you can’t use what Prescott did to excuse Field. Big difference.

So assaulting females in ok in your world?

Sad

No "assault" took place. That's the big difference, as you say.

Angel1

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Prescott, who I've never liked, was "attacked" albeit with an egg. He reacted to something that actually happened to him rather than what might happen.

Quick query, if she was wearing a sash with BREXIT NOW written across it, would your views change? I asked penny but I never got an answer.

No, my view would remain the same. 

Angel1.

4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Prescott, who I've never liked, was "attacked" albeit with an egg. He reacted to something that actually happened to him rather than what might happen.

Quick query, if she was wearing a sash with BREXIT NOW written across it, would your views change? I asked penny but I never got an answer.

Quick query, that the fool Prescott did have an egg hit him, does that absolve him from any action regarding physically assaulting the egg thrower. By your reply I can only assume you think so. A very strange opinion if you don't mind me saying.

Angel1.

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

Nope. It was common assault. Check the legal definition.

Damn right, how people on here stick up for the likes of Mark Field makes me feel sick.

26 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Damn right, how people on here stick up for the likes of Mark Field makes me feel sick.

Again I ask, what if someone walked into your dining room without any right to be there and started spouting off their own interpretation of the current geo-political situation.

What would you do? Really?

You'd show them the door - as soon as you put a hand on them, it appears it is now assault.

So what happens when someone barges you out of the way in their rush to get the last Gregg's pasty? Technically, that would be common assault.

C'mon, be reasonable.

Personal comments and attacks are to cease otherwise you will be suspended.

54 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Quick query, that the fool Prescott did have an egg hit him, does that absolve him from any action regarding physically assaulting the egg thrower. By your reply I can only assume you think so. A very strange opinion if you don't mind me saying.

Angel1.

The bloke who threw milkshake at farage got 150 hours community service if memory serves for common assault. So chucking at egg at someone is common  assault I suppose and you can defend yourself accordingly. I don't know for sure though.

Yes, throwing an egg at someone is common assault and yes, you can use reasonable force to defend yourself (although once the egg is thrown it's a bit late).

4 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Again I ask, what if someone walked into your dining room without any right to be there and started spouting off their own interpretation of the current geo-political situation.

You'd show them the door - as soon as you put a hand on them, it appears it is now assault.

So what happens when someone barges you out of the way in their rush to get the last Gregg's pasty? Technically, that would be common assault.

C'mon, be reasonable.

It wasn't his dining room. It was a room full of people she walked past. It was a public building with security (albeit crap security!). It's not the same thing at all.

A better analogy would be crashing a wedding reception.

6 minutes ago, Litotes said:

C'mon, be reasonable.

I'd give em a plate of grub and we'd have a chat.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It wasn't his dining room. It was a room full of people she walked past. It was a public building with security (albeit crap security!). It's not the same thing at all.

A better analogy would be crashing a wedding reception.

Care to answer the question I asked?