Mark Field / Greenpeace protester

8 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Not a security expert but I've worked at enough events to know you just don't launch at a trespassers like that. But fair dos, I'm not a security expert but if you can find one who thinks he handled it perfectly I'd be very surprised.

If he had blocked her path and shepherded her out, I'd have doffed my cap to a job well done.

Not an expert but worked the doors back in the day. If I’d treated a clearly non violent woman like that I’d be sacked on the spot. And quite rightly so.

10 hours ago, Mister M said:

However Mark Field said himself that he over reacted. I doubt whether a security guard would have grabbed a woman by the scruff of the neck and pushed her into the pillar. 

Though as you know, he is a Minister, and therefore something like this will cause comment. 

Mark Field is not a small man apparently. He could've blocked her while security was arrived.

However I don't think any further action should be taken against him

Mark Field apologised also.   The woman shouldn't  have been allowed to get as far as she did and looked to be heading towards where the Chancellor was.  The woman hasn't been hurt so no harm has been done other than Mark Field looking bad.

Edited by Lockdoctor

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

Not an expert but worked the doors back in the day. If I’d treated a clearly non violent woman like that I’d be sacked on the spot. And quite rightly so.

Really?  I have seen far far far worse on many occassions.

He grabbed her and forcibly removed her from the premises.  I think he acted fairly.  Remember she was speaking quite normally as she was being led out.

In this time of increasing political violence, coming just over 3 years after the death of an MP, security needs to be at full alert.

She was frogmarched out by the scruff of her neck and deservedly so. She wasn’t injured. She has also got the publicity she wants for her cause.

They needed more security and policing in the building, the country seems to be lacking in this department.

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

Working the doors and removing unwanted people from venues are different. You can block entry at the door, removing people who won't or don't want to leave necessitates some sort of man handling.

Why don't they just round all these luvvies up and send them to where the main world polluters are to demonstrate, like China and India.

10 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Man handling, is grabbing hold of somebody and ejecting them. It's a well known and understood phrase.

ahhh manhandling - I thought you were try to emphasise the masculine aspect in a sexist way

15 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Nothing changes the fact that Field had no right to lay a finger on that lady. His actions cannot be justified.

He should face charges.

Get a grip on reality. There was no "throat grabbing" as some report, the only grabbing was to the rear of the protesters neck as he bundled her out. Actions have consequences, the protester was in the wrong, and got what she deserved, throw out with very minimal "violence". As to the Field should face charges levied by the snowflakes, get a grip, no one was maimed for life, just a clown who was shown the door.

I wonder if any of the flakes taking the protesters side here and "demanding" charges be brought against Field, demanded Prescott should be charged when he did actually assault the egg thrower. He launched a two fisted attack and landed punches on the guy.

If I remember correctly, Prescott escaped any kind of a charge, and his actions were10 times worse than Fields ejection of the protester.

Angel1.

Guest makapaka

Ha - so basically I was just out on the page count....😀

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Get a grip on reality. There was no "throat grabbing" as some report, the only grabbing was to the rear of the protesters neck as he bundled her out. Actions have consequences, the protester was in the wrong, and got what she deserved, throw out with very minimal "violence". As to the Field should face charges levied by the snowflakes, get a grip, no one was maimed for life, just a clown who was shown the door.

I wonder if any of the flakes taking the protesters side here and "demanding" charges be brought against Field, demanded Prescott should be charged when he did actually assault the egg thrower. He launched a two fisted attack and landed punches on the guy.

If I remember correctly, Prescott escaped any kind of a charge, and his actions were10 times worse than Fields ejection of the protester.

Angel1.

The reality is Field had no right to touch her. You can’t rationalise it by comparing it to Prescott.

He’s already apologised so why do you persist in defending him. It’s odd. Very odd.

11 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

The reality is Field had no right to touch her. You can’t rationalise it by comparing it to Prescott.

He’s already apologised so why do you persist in defending him. It’s odd. Very odd.

The woman had no right to be there.  We need to be careful because a more serious incident might occur which needs someone like Mr Field to step in quickly to prevent someone getting seriously hurt.  We don't want bystanders to be afraid of  stepping in when they think something bad is about to happen.

18 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

What are you on about? Any “constituent” can make an appointment with a government minister. It’s on Jeremy hunts website - I’ve just had a look. I’ll wager he won’t be under armed guard. Plenty of MPs - maybe ministers, I don’t know if they always use government vehicles- get gob full of abuse on their way to parliament, they aren’t secure at all.

I don't think they had made an 'appointment' to see a government minister, I think they had gate-crashed as a protest.

What I am 'on about' is there would seem to have been a lack of security at this event and in the current climate of terrorism I am amazed that armed police were not automatically in attendance at such a high profile event 

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

So it's ok for a Labour Deputy Prime Minister to actually physically assault a member of the public on camera, but a Conservative member of the Government is not allowed to eject a protester by holding their neck from the rear and helping them outside of the room, and is subject by Labourites that he should be charged with assault. Double standards of the highest order here methinks.

Regarding my defending him, simply because he did no wrong in any way. Why he apologised is a mystery to me, he deserved praise not criticism.

Angel1