Mark Field / Greenpeace protester

1 minute ago, *_ash_* said:

this woman now?

who is upwardly inflecting?

every sentence?

is annoying?

Ah, and now I’m losing a bit of sympathy.

She shouldn't have been there, he had to act quickly to evict her and did what was necessary

The way she charged up there with aggression in the video...she could have had anything concealed, gun, bomb...who knows!

He acted appropriately.

He believed that he was defusing some kind of attacker, it could have been a terrorist for all he knew.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

One other point penny, if she hadn’t been a tree hugger but a woman with a sash boldly proclaiming BREXIT NOW would you have adovcated he same treatment?

This I noticed as well tin... people read the story, make decisions, watch the footage over and over etc. So we know who they were. What they were doing. What their intentions were.

However, just like when a real attack happens, people don't know what's going on at the time, otherwise they might react differently.

These things all aren't available at the time. There was shouting, obviously a commotion at the back, then the speaker was told something (though we only find this out much later). Then she almost legs it to the front.

He obviously went a bit over the top with the neck hold when he realised he had stopped her.

However, he has apologised, and she said she wants to take no further action - so she's won there with all this attention for the cause. I bet they're all supping proseco in their sashs tonight.

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

He did"nt assault anybody, the protester was in the wrong, end off.. he simply removed her.

Of course he assaulted her. It couldn’t be clearer.

By any definition of the law it was assault. Ok it wasn’t ABH or GBH but it was unwanted physical contact using an element of force.

If there was a charge it would be for common assault. He had no legal right to act the way he did.

4 minutes ago, Jane123 said:

She shouldn't have been there, he had to act quickly to evict her and did what was necessary

Nope, he didn’t have to do that. He had not been given that role and had no legal right to use force on the lady

3 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

The way she charged up there with aggression in the video...she could have had anything concealed, gun, bomb...who knows!

He acted appropriately.

He believed that he was defusing some kind of attacker, it could have been a terrorist for all he knew.

Get real. Seriously

How would his actions have prevented detonation? Or use of a weapon?

If your crazy hypothetical situation was real he increased the risk 

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Get real. Seriously

How would his actions have prevented detonation? Or use of a weapon?

If your crazy hypothetical situation was real he increased the risk 

By the action of holding her arm behind her back? You can't pull a trigger or push the detonator if your arms are immobilised.

7 minutes ago, Jane123 said:

No he didnt, she managed to walk more or less the entire length of the room and nobody else felt the need to grab her by the throat. Nobody else piled in (the woman next to him was that scared she pushed his chair back in ;))

15 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

This I noticed as well tin... people read the story, make decisions, watch the footage over and over etc. So we know who they were. What they were doing. What their intentions were.

However, just like when a real attack happens, people don't know what's going on at the time, otherwise they might react differently.

These things all aren't available at the time. There was shouting, obviously a commotion at the back, then the speaker was told something (though we only find this out much later). Then she almost legs it to the front.

He obviously went a bit over the top with the neck hold when he realised he had stopped her.

However, he has apologised, and she said she wants to take no further action - so she's won there with all this attention for the cause. I bet they're all supping proseco in their sashs tonight.

I bet they are, sooooo much free publicity and a minister sacked to boot.

Theres stopping people and there’s stopping people. Nobody stopped the bloke who gave May her P45, until proper security finally jumped into action - and we all had a laugh at that one. This one, security should have stepped up well before Rambo field felt the need grab her by the throat. But I suspect many are sticking up for him because of sash she was wearing, not what she actually did.

Edited by tinfoilhat

13 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

By the action of holding her arm behind her back? You can't pull a trigger or push the detonator if your arms are immobilised.

Ludicrous. You are now claiming he acted expertly to diffuse a terrorist threat. Would an expert counter-terrorist operative march a suspect towards people with their face contorted with rage?

Blimey. This is really something.

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

Ludicrous. You are now claiming he acted expertly to diffuse a terrorist threat. Would an expert counter-terrorist operative march a suspect towards people with their face contorted with rage?

I’ve watched a longer version now, a couple of (female, not that that should make a difference) organisers finally showed up but oh no, field is taking charge and ignoring them  and marching her outside himself. It seemed to go from saving everyone from potential  a knife wielding terrorist to field taking out the trash, big man that he is.

But climate change, eh? She had it coming.

13 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

I didn't, but you believe that if you want to buddy boy.

Enjoy.

20 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

This one, security should have stepped up well before Rambo field felt the need grab her by the throat. But I suspect many are sticking up for him because of sash she was wearing, not what she actually did.

Back of the neck.

Big difference.

Edited by Pyrotequila

There has been an  overreaction to the action the Tory MP took against the protester.  The images don't look good but if a security person had reacted the same as the Tory MP then this wouldn't be a story to attract the news. The Tory MP shouldn't be criticised for doing the job a security person should have done.