Mark Field / Greenpeace protester

2 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

That's better, some of us have standards which must be adhered to.

Does that include assaulting women?

There was no assault, he was throwing her out.  He would have treat her the same had she been a man.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Does that include assaulting women?

You're being very sexist. Should he treat her the same or different?

He pushed her out of the building.

Edited by Voice of reason

5 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

A greenpeace protester has gone into a government attended black tie dinner, protesting.

Mark Field has physically removed them, holding her by the arm and back of neck.

Strong reaction or assault?

He did right. The tree hugger could have been carrying a knife . Well done Mark Field .

4 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

He did right. The tree hugger could have been carrying a knife . Well done Mark Field .

With you 100% on that Mr P.

11 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

It’s a shame remain MPs don’t take the same agressive stance against brexit thugs outside Parliament.

Ive read a bit more into it though. They came in wearing red dresses with very bold climate emergancy sashes. Somebody at mansion house needs sacking - they just walked in off the street this wasn’t some clearfully crafted heist where they went in disguised as waiters!

1 hour ago, Jane123 said:

There was no assault, he was throwing her out.  He would have treat her the same had she been a man.

A 6ft stocky and well built man ? Hmmm, I don't think he's have been so quick to try and grab someone like that by the scruff of the neck!

But as I said earlier, I'm glad he's recognised that he was wrong to do what he did, and isn't revelling in some of the macho posturing that some callers to LBC have been engaging in.

45 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

You're being very sexist. Should he treat her the same or different?

He pushed her out of the building.

He shouldn’t be assaulting anybody

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

A 6ft stocky and well built man ? Hmmm, I don't think he's have been so quick to try and grab someone like that by the scruff of the neck!

But as I said earlier, I'm glad he's recognised that he was wrong to do what he did, and isn't revelling in some of the macho posturing that some callers to LBC have been engaging in.

this woman now?

who is upwardly inflecting?

every sentence?

is annoying?

It's been their busiest talk for ages.

What annoys me most is people saying 'this is more evidence of a country divided [since brexit and 2010]' - no it isn't. People would be divided on this 10 years ago 20 years ago etc. People have always been divided on things. death penalty/labour or tory/ blah blah.

25 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

One other point penny, if she hadn’t been a tree hugger but a woman with a sash boldly proclaiming BREXIT NOW would you have adovcated he same treatment?

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It’s a sign of the times. And nearly all of this is being apologised for by (male and female) gammony types

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

He shouldn’t be assaulting anybody

He did"nt assault anybody, the protester was in the wrong, end off.. he simply removed her.