Mark Field / Greenpeace protester

A greenpeace protester has gone into a government attended black tie dinner, protesting.

Mark Field has physically removed them, holding her by the arm and back of neck.

Strong reaction or assault?

1 minute ago, Voice of reason said:

Strong reaction or assault?

Neither, she got what she deserved.

"A Downing Street spokeswoman said Prime Minister Theresa May had "seen the footage" and "found it very concerning".

The only thing concerning is the ease at which government ministers can be got at.

Guest makapaka

I'm predicting this thread will see a number of posts saying he's an aggressive right-wing misogynst and an equal number of posts saying he was only protecting himself and it wasn't really an assault and the woman is snowflake. I reckon it will probably go on for about six pages and no one will agree overall.

Just a hunch.

Edited by makapaka

Of greater concern is how easily they managed to get into the place.   With heightened security, they should think themselves lucky to only be 'man handled', they could very well have been shot dead!

Apparently other Greenpeace protestors were removed without the need for any manhandling or grabbing people by the throat. Had the police done so they would have been in serious trouble.

Glad he's apologised though, and the woman in question doesn't want to press charges.

Just now, Mister M said:

Apparently other Greenpeace protestors were removed without the need for any manhandling or grabbing people by the throat. Had the police done so they would have been in serious trouble.

Glad he's apologised though, and the woman in question doesn't want to press charges.

I think the grabbing was by the back or scruff of the neck, not by the throat.

20 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I'm predicting this thread will see a number of posts saying he's an aggressive right-wing misogynst and an equal number of posts saying he was only protecting himself and it wasn't really an assault and the woman is snowflake. I reckon it will probably go on for about six pages and no one will agree overall.

Just a hunch.

That shall be why the op posted it ;)

Didn’t see many leap to Theresa’s defence when a “comedian” gave her a P45 at the Tory party conference, not one. Mansion House no doubt have security, it’s their job but mark field seemed a bit nutty grabbing hold of that woman, completely at odds against his tweet where he demanded Myanmar let people protest peacefully. As long as it doesn’t get in the way of his dinner though by the look of it!

She got what she deserved and he went over the top, this Greenpeace action was a direct result of the Extinction Revolution sit in or out the other week, they can't let them outdo them.

1 hour ago, Phili Buster said:

Of greater concern is how easily they managed to get into the place.   With heightened security, they should think themselves lucky to only be 'man handled', they could very well have been shot dead!

What are you on about? Any “constituent” can make an appointment with a government minister. It’s on Jeremy hunts website - I’ve just had a look. I’ll wager he won’t be under armed guard. Plenty of MPs - maybe ministers, I don’t know if they always use government vehicles- get gob full of abuse on their way to parliament, they aren’t secure at all.