Shpock help please

16 hours ago, jennycakes said:

Called police they told him go away and if he comes back will be arrested breach of peace 

he’s now saying he’s taking me to small claims court for the £40 and faulty oven 

I  can’t close my Shpock account it’s first time Iv ever sold anything I’m shocked I sell I working oven and have all this never again 

police have told me not to reply to him so now I’m scared to leave the house wth

If it was me and I knew the oven was fully working I wouldnt want to give in on principle.

HOWEVER, if its really causing this much upset and distress is it really worth it? Take the oven back, give them a refund and draw a line under it.

Annoying if the are pulling a fast one, but its not worth the stress. 

Totally agree

the oven was working when I sold it 

I have text him told him he can have the full refund keep oven and hob and never contact or return to my house again 

Just now, jennycakes said:

Totally agree

I have text him told him he can have the full refund keep oven and hob and never contact or return to my house again 

Good on you. Frustrating when you know youre in the right but some fights just arent worth it.

Hope it all gets sorted now.

27 minutes ago, jennycakes said:

Totally agree

Sorry you've had to put up with that. Looking at it from his point of view maybe he is legit and something has become damaged in transit and he thinks you've cheated him, that would explain his anger. It's just unfortunate and perhaps no ones fault.

2 hours ago, jennycakes said:

He’s said he will see me in court as he’s taking me to small claims court and says that will end up costing me a fortune 

This small claims thing is a ruse (IMHO)... have a look at some websites that describe the process and you'll see that if he's really that bothered about £40... he's not going to the small claims.

There's no guarantee he'll win, the application costs at least £25, he's got forms to fill in, evidence to produce, your costs are limited and he'll have to go via the mediation service otherwise he'll run the risk of more costs that he'll have to bear.... it's just not worth the hassle for £40.

Not sure how good it'd look when you point out the police had to be called either :roll:

Also, you might be able to use your house insurance legal cover, depending on policy, so that'll certainly put a dampner on him I'm sure.

I see you've decided to refund anyway though... fair play, I'd do the same, not worth the hassle.

Edited by Magilla

You've probably done the right thing to save stress. Perhaps only difference is ask for it back. If it is faulty he'll do it, if he's pulling a fast one he won't.

He’s been and returned it it’s all scratched I don’t want to plug it in so had to put it all outside for scrap man 

live and learn 

had a week from hell he was a rude and a scary man I feel safer to leave my house now least it was only £40 

many thanks to SYP they were so good 😊