Shpock help please

So I sold a working item for £40 the buyers waited four hours messaged me saying it doesn’t work and will be back for a refund 

Iv told him no as was working when it left me 

he says he will wait at my house all day for his refund in full 

i have contacted Shpock had no reply 

I’m now scared to return home after work what can I do?

What was the item? Maybe got damaged in transit. Did he see it working when he collected it? If it was working and he was satisfied with it then I don't think he has any recourse, somethings obviously happened in transit.

28 minutes ago, jennycakes said:

So I sold a working item for £40 the buyers waited four hours messaged me saying it doesn’t work and will be back for a refund 

Iv told him no as was working when it left me 

he says he will wait at my house all day for his refund in full 

i have contacted Shpock had no reply 

I’m now scared to return home after work what can I do?

Tell him you'll need to inspect the item to verify it's state, so ask them to drop it off and you'll make the call re: refund.

I guess it depends on the item and whether you'll be able to spot if it's been tampered with.

As for standing outside the house, it's his time to waste.

If he challenges you, blocks your path or prevents you going about your business... call the police.

Might be worth ringing them to have a chat anyway if you're concerned for your safety... I guess it depends on your impression of the buyer.

If he strikes you as a bit loopy, ask yourself, is it worth the hassle for £40?

It was an oven and hob he claims the oven doesn’t work I told him it worked when it left mine 

i don’t know if he has dropped it or changed his mind etc I don’t want it back he could have done anything to it 

36 minutes ago, jennycakes said:

It was an oven and hob he claims the oven doesn’t work I told him it worked when it left mine 

i don’t know if he has dropped it or changed his mind etc I don’t want it back he could have done anything to it 

Was it electric or gas? How long has it been disconnected.

Not sure about gas ovens, maybe the pilot light or the thermo electric sensor have moved during transportation.

Edited by Bash Street

Electric oven has hob only taken out yesterday morning I’d used it the night before as well for our tea so I know it was working 

Probably has the same oven as the one you were selling but his was broken.

Used yours for parts and now trying it on.

Iv no way of knowing that’s why I have said no refund 

Iv no way of knowing if it’s same oven been dropped or anything 

So they have been to my house banging on the door ringing bell etc Iv stayed indoors scared what do I do?

Called police they told him go away and if he comes back will be arrested breach of peace 

he’s now saying he’s taking me to small claims court for the £40 and faulty oven 

I  can’t close my Shpock account it’s first time Iv ever sold anything I’m shocked I sell I working oven and have all this never again 

police have told me not to reply to him so now I’m scared to leave the house wth

Edited by jennycakes
Typo

• personally  i always do deals mutal meet place as the buyer doesnt know your address i know difficult with a oven but thats what i do 

He’s said he will see me in court as he’s taking me to small claims court and says that will end up costing me a fortune 

He still has the oven in his possession