Helicopters landing in Lodge Moor

Does anyone know why a helicopter landed in the field next to the Spider Park off Crimicar Lane in Lodge Moor around an hour ago? It was black and didn’t have any special markings as though it was the Police or an Air Ambulance. The same thing happened a few days ago too, though it may not have been the same helicopter. 

There is no designated helipad there and people frequently use the field to walk dogs so it doesn’t seem a particularly safe place to land unless it is an emergency. 

Common reasons:

seeding

dropping off ballast for paths

Just seen 2 helicopter gun ships fly over loxley,seem to be heading towards ladybower,

49 minutes ago, Seorch UK said:

Just seen them too, over a decade since I've worked on them. https://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/aircraft/

It wasn’t those ones I saw earlier on today, just a plain black one that looked as though it was carrying people rather than any kind of equipment. 

One of my pals who lives close by told me he saw a helicopter land, a lady got out of it, then got into a Rolls, and was driven away.

5 hours ago, Sheffield87 said:

It wasn’t those ones I saw earlier on today, just a plain black one that looked as though it was carrying people rather than any kind of equipment. 

The guys who run helicopter flights from Owler Bar were using a black one when I drove past on Wednesday

38 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Hopefully it was the return of the Alcocopter.

I wish alcoblog would bring it back 😔

On 20/06/2019 at 16:16, smithy266 said:

One of my pals who lives close by told me he saw a helicopter land, a lady got out of it, then got into a Rolls, and was driven away.

We all travel like that on the posh side of the city.  She'd probably just popped down to Matalan to get some bargains.

Guest makapaka

Do you live on the posh side of the city? I didn’t realise.

8 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

We all travel like that on the posh side of the city.  She'd probably just popped down to Matalan to get some bargains.

Do you live on the posh side of the city? I didn’t realise.

Edited by makapaka