Beauty queens from Sheffield

Sheffield seemed to produce quite a few beauty queens in the 50s/60s. Who remembers Delyse Humpheries, Christine Owen and I think Johnny Fanthams wife Carole won one of the beauty titles? Does anyone remember?

Oddly, I met all three under different circumstances.

1 hour ago, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

Sheffield seemed to produce quite a few beauty queens in the 50s/60s. Who remembers Delyse Humpheries, Christine Owen and I think Johnny Fanthams wife Carole won one of the beauty titles? Does anyone remember?

You can add Barbara Ponsford and Pamela Wood.

VICKY Singeton I think was  beauty queen .  I RECALL seeing her on ads on tv too.

June Cooper ..I think she lived at Kiveton Park.

i went to sharrow lane school with delyse in the 1940s and more recently my wife used her models for her fashion shows   denis

My cousin Patricia Warrington r.i.p was a beauty queen, I remember a story about her in the News of the World.

3 hours ago, denis anson said:

i went to sharrow lane school with delyse in the 1940s and more recently my wife used her models for her fashion shows   denis

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 06:28, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

Another from the late 60s was Helen Caunt.

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 07:59, Jim Hardie said:

You can add Barbara Ponsford and Pamela Wood.

I think Pamela Wood was a daughter of Syd Wood of 'Syd's Coaches' from Rotherham.

Janet Marsden, she used to live at the end of Newall Road. Once gave her a lift to London. Late sixties.

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

I think Pamela Wood was a daughter of Syd Wood of 'Syd's Coaches' from Rotherham.

That's correct. He was also chairman of the Millers for a while.

I used to go out with Sandra Brown/French  who was miss Rotherham and came second to June Cooper in the Miss GB title June was wearing Sandra's costume so they had a fall out,I was sat with her at a funeral wake a couple of years ago and she lives down London now.Pam

Wood used to work in Debenhams down the Moor,ive not seen Delyse for years but she had the model agency down Heeley,Victoria De Quincy was another one i used to see a  few of them when Sandra did the catwalks she now lives down Cornwall.Johnny Fanthoms wife was Carol Ardron before he married her I used to fix cars he used to buy in the 70s. June Cooper lived in the Railway cottages at Kiveton Park my wife knew her well. Sandra won the prestigious Miss She competition at Butlins in 1971 Delyese in 1963 and Christine Owen in 1978.

Edited by bullerboY