GREEK RESTAURANTS

1 hour ago, longiesta said:

its Greedy Greek thats on Sharrow Vale

Wasnt the Mad Greek on Wellington St a good few years ago? Name brings back some drunken plate smashing memories from the late 90's

There was one at the bottom of Fitzwilliam Street, I loved it there, plenty of food, dancing and a good atmosphere. Maybe that was the Mad Greek .

17 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

There was one at the bottom of Fitzwilliam Street, I loved it there, plenty of food, dancing and a good atmosphere. Maybe that was the Mad Greek .

Thats the one 🙂

1 minute ago, longiesta said:

Thats the one 🙂

I always found the atmosphere there very good but the food below average.

1 minute ago, Brooker11 said:

I always found the atmosphere there very good but the food below average.

I was never sober enough to notice 

Remember the plate smashing though!!

On 24/09/2019 at 18:17, longiesta said:

its Greedy Greek thats on Sharrow Vale

Wasnt the Mad Greek on Wellington St a good few years ago? Name brings back some drunken plate smashing memories from the late 90's

You're right!  You know what...this is all my wife's fault.  She went to the "Greedy Greek" the other night with some mates, and when I asked her where she'd been, she said, "Mad Greek on Sharrow Vale Road".    (Unless it's a bloke she was referring to?)

I really like Greek food and have been to pretty much all of the Greek restaurants in Sheffield. My favourite is parthanonas, lovely food and nicko is a lovely host. You can also see straight into the kitchen which is always a good sign on a London road restaurant :)

There's also kostas on Shoreham Street which does lovely tasting food but is more of a snack bar rather than a nice restaurant. 

The Greek Village , Abbeydale Road is very good - especially if you go in at lunch times for a light meal 🙂