Sheffield Theaters Membership RIP OFF fee.

We have been going for twenty years  all family the only thing we ge is first choice of seats, we only pay a booking fee as the rest.

stop this moaning ,if you cant afford to pay then dont go  ,end of 

you are making more of the issue than you should 

There are some superb productions on at other theatres for lower prices - we regularly go to the University Drama Studio, a wonderful building, easily accessible, with some excellent productions at good prices.  I also saw somebody mention the Lantern Theatre.  Maybe try those?

Master Jedi,

The £50 fee is predominately for early-booking priority, I've never paid for anything like this in my entire life with any show I've been to, no matter where in the country I've been. I've also never had any issues getting decent seats. I've sat amongst those who are part of the priority booking membership when I've bought the ticket a week before. It makes no difference.

As a disabled individual myself, I invested £15 for the Access Card, a scheme that allows theatres and venues make appropriate and reasonable adjustments to my disabilities and sometimes offers me a concessionary rate or even a companion ticket. As long as you have valid proof of your disabilities and can say how these affect you and what adjustments you'll need, it's only a small price to pay; it's just £15 for three years. It may be worth looking into this. I will send you a  private message with the link to the FAQ.

Charging £50 for a membership fee is a way of raising much needed revenue. If this fee were to be abolished then all ticket prices would need to increase to make up the shortfall.

You should be thanking Sheffield Theatres for finding a way of reducing your ticket prices not castigating them.

1 hour ago, max said:

Charging £50 for a membership fee is a way of raising much needed revenue. If this fee were to be abolished then all ticket prices would need to increase to make up the shortfall.

You should be thanking Sheffield Theatres for finding a way of reducing your ticket prices not castigating them.

Agree totally.      :thumbsup:

On 24/06/2019 at 10:09, max said:

Disagree.    And thanks to the Lyceum programme seller for passing me a no longer legal tender pound coin last week, which I didn't spot until I got home.   Last year it was being charged twice when paying with contactless card in the bar.   People take care!    

Edited by kaytie