Sheffield Theaters Membership RIP OFF fee.

So i received a whats on Sheffield Theater leaflet through my door and tried to book a show. 

I usually go to see a show by myself once or twice a year at a push but i thought i would it would be nice to try and make it a family event.

Sadly you now have to stump up a £50 membership fee in order to book tickets as i have just tried to and it wont let you until you join.

Well done Sheffield Theaters you money grabbing merchants , sadly due to the politically correct cowards brigade im not allowed to use the word most normal people would like to use when describing a rip off trait like this , you have decided to try and fleece the not so wealthy people who can only afford to go to see a shows once or twice a year. 

Hope you are feeling really proud of yourself you discriminating  Muppets.

I booked some tickets for the Lyceum quite recently. Im not a member?

Edited by nikki-red

Have a look at booking tickets for Shrek the Musical and you will see what i mean.

Members get priority booking for shows that arent on general sale yet. Shrek will be one of them.

Exactly , there lays the problem, not to long ago everybody had an equal right to book tickets for shows , now if your wealthy and can stump up £50 you get first chance and sod the poor people , they can have the scraps so to say. 

I only can afford to see a couple of shows a year so it would not be worth the £50 wealthy persons only fee.

The poor get left behind again, so much social injustice in this country.

Another thing , why do they send you this show information and not mention anything regarding tickets not on sale yet for certain shows.    

I think you're overreacting a bit. You can still afford to go the theatre a couple of times a year and if you keep an eye out, can still get good seats for shows you want to see.

They don't have to be rich just regular/frequent theatre goers who keep the theatres afloat when most people only want headline shows.

The " repayment" is priority bookings - no different to season ticket holders elsewhere for instance.

Edited by willman

19 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I think you're overreacting a bit. You can still afford to go the theatre a couple of times a year and if you keep an eye out, can still get good seats for shows you want to see.

It just pees me off that you don't get the same equal chance as someone who has paid a £50 rip off fee imo . 

19 minutes ago, willman said:

They don't have to be rich just regular/frequent theatre goers who keep the theatres afloat when most people only want headline shows.

The " repayment" is priority bookings - no different to season ticket holders elsewhere for instance.

Thats just it im not a regular theater goer , so its not worth me trying to stump up a £50 rip off fee. Who thinks these schemes up .

I pay for fan membership of my favorite band. I get priority seating. 

I would imagine that if you love the theatre there are many benefits other than priority booking.

I would also imagine that investing in the theatre is important to some people, and not just about the money. I could be a friend of Weston park and Sheffield museums. There's no difference

I pay for fan membership of my favorite band. I get priority seating. 

I would imagine that if you love the theatre there are many benefits other than priority booking.

I would also imagine that investing in the theatre is important to some people, and not just about the money. I could be a friend of Weston park and Sheffield museums. 

https://www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk/membership-and-support/support-our-work/membership

16 minutes ago, master jedi said:

It just pees me off that you don't get the same equal chance as someone who has paid a £50 rip off fee imo . 

Thats just it im not a regular theater goer , so its not worth me trying to stump up a £50 rip off fee. Who thinks these schemes up .

Companies that like to reward loyalty to frequent visitors presumably.

As others have said you are completely overreacting. There are loads of organisations that have membership schemes and give priority to those members.  

you're desperately trying to make it sound like some form of social injustice against the world.

Well imo it is a  form of social injustice when someone thinks up a scheme that means only wealthy people can afford the £50 rip off fee. Why did this start , greed , pure greed . Why shouldn't i have just as much chance of a decent seat. Thats how it use to be ,  first come first served , now its first come first served , oh only  if you pay a £50 rip off fee.  I wanted to book a few seats for me and my family and i have been denied in doing so because i have not paid £50 for the years membership.

I only go to see a couple of shows a year. But people like me are being told to get to the back of the queue if you don't pay us £50. RIP OFF and GREED are at the heart of this little gem of a scheme.    

They usually just have a set amount of seats in each area set aside for priority. 

As soon as they go on sale there will be equivalent ones available, to you and everybody else.