Garden Patio estimates?

Hi all, I am not a big fan of my garden and am considering having it all patio'd however it slopes to the end and theres a dip(drop on the side.

how does it work for the side? or will it pebbled instead?

also as it's just something I considered in the last couple of weeks, what does it usually cost? my garden is about 33 x 31ft.

I am on a tight budget so if I can't afford it I may look into something else. 

You will be adding to the flooding problems if you have a solid, non porous patio down. Better to have something like membrane with pebbles on. You can plant through it too if you want a few plants without weed problems. 

What do you call a light budget? It will cost you a good few thousand the get someone to level the ground and put down slabs to cover that area. Membrane and pebbles is much easier to do yourself.

Mine cost £10k, but that included slabbed patio, fence with concrete post down one side, around 20 mts of railway sleepers, 2 sheds, garden furniture, artificial grass and a new brabantia helicopter type washing dryer thingamebob.

Think the fence and patio came out at £4.5k if I remember correctly which included drainage with the metal covers over. and the sleepers. Theres around 35 square mts of patio in that, so take off the fence and sleepers the patio must have come in at £2.5/3 K i'd have thought. 

It sounds a lot overall, but my missus is made up with it and that's what counts.

Yeeouch, so I am guessing 2-4k is not possible for this to do?

i guess I need to rethink of other ideas, but I am so lost, I really want a low or no maintenance garden

Ideally it would benefit if you had a ground plan of what you want to do. 

Mine cost similar to Bash St but without the fancy furniture ,mainly due to the gear needed to level it off and i chose granite slabs,fake grass and composite decking.

I've personally just done my daughters with sleepers,limestone slabs and fake grass onto a three terrace garden and it came it at about 1200 - 1500(with hire costs) for a 20 metre long garden by 5 metres wide. 

Landscapers i've used bandy around £35-£50 a square metre. A landscaper wanted £1220 for ONE terrace in fake grass at my daughters with nothing else.

Edited by willman

5 hours ago, wwp8 said:

Yeeouch, so I am guessing 2-4k is not possible for this to do?

i guess I need to rethink of other ideas, but I am so lost, I really want a low or no maintenance garden

I'm an avid gardener and realise what most people do is plant the wrong stuff.  The garden at my last house was so low maintenance I had to keep digging the edges of the lawn up to make more border because there was nothing to do.  The most time consuming is lawn; it needs mowing weekly otherwise its just a difficult task. 

The trick is to plant shrubs than don't need much pruning, hardy perennials that come up every year and bulbs that can stay in the ground. Select plants that suit your soil so will flourish without needing watering. If you want some green ground cover use alpines that can stand the odd bit of walking on. There are lots of ideas on Pinterest, many that are wildlife friendly too.  We have planted a lot of our garden this way to give us time to spend raising difficult plants that need pampering. We have an acre of land so can't be messing about and watering it all the time. We still have plants growing through the membrane and gravel. It helps keep weeds down but also keep in moisture and helps warm the ground.

Edit - forgot to add that fake grass will still need washing and will be a bugger for leaves if you have trees nearby. 

Edited by Chez2