New Top Gear (Flintoff)

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

I guess a change will always put a few people off.

I'm going downstairs to watch last nights episode now.

Let us know what you think . Personally I think they are trying too hard to be funny.

Okay, that was worse than the previous episode.

They again didn't show the lap of the only car they actually featured this time, the model 3.

They've resurrected the most boring bit of the show, people trying to sell a film or book.

And I know they're trying for banter, but just being constantly rude about each other's clothing isn't funny, it's just a bit cringey.

I found that whole episode quite tedious to be honest, very disappointing.

7 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Okay, that was worse than the previous episode.

They again didn't show the lap of the only car they actually featured this time, the model 3.

They've resurrected the most boring bit of the show, people trying to sell a film or book.

And I know they're trying for banter, but just being constantly rude about each other's clothing isn't funny, it's just a bit cringey.

I found that whole episode quite tedious to be honest, very disappointing.

Maybe everyone got used to the Clarkson,Hammond and Mays combo who became household names,  and these aren't that, McGuinness (not funny), Flintoff ( hardly know him), and don't know the other guy at all!. In this day and age its got to be a instant hit, or they'll pull the plug!

I'd agree that McGuiness isn't funny, at least not so far on this.  Chris Harris is a good driver and he's at least been on the show for several seasons now.  I don't know why they binned Rory, he was alright.  Flintoff has been on a few shows for a while now, he's funny enough, but at the moment, for me, it's not working.

Not as good as LeBlanc, Chris and Rory, and not even comparable to the old trio.

Clarkson and Co tried to be funny but it never came off!

LeBlank knows as much about cars as I do and that's not much!!

With the new team we've got two stooges and a fall guy to keep us entertained!!!

As for the cars  these days! they're all the same you only have to choose a colour!!!

12 hours ago, zaci said:

With the new team we've got two stooges and a fall guy to keep us entertained!!!

As for the cars  these days! they're all the same you only have to choose a colour!!!

I can’t see this trio coming back after this series. The viewing figures will drop.

12 hours ago, zaci said:

I totally disagree.  Clarkson, Hammond and May took what was a small car show and turned it into an international brand.  You might not have found them funny, but they became the single most successful BBC export and one of the most popular shows in the UK for years on end.

LeBlanc did seem like an odd choice, and his (apparent) fascination with large farming equipment was of little interest to me personally.

Yeah, the current trio is another odd selection isn't it, perhaps the last gasp of top gear 😞

Well, I'd say that if you don't like cars and you don't like the show, there's probably little there for you to watch really...  All the same though, not even slightly!

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

I totally disagree.  Clarkson, Hammond and May took what was a small car show and turned it into an international brand.  You might not have found them funny, but they became the single most successful BBC export and one of the most popular shows in the UK for years on end.

LeBlanc did seem like an odd choice, and his (apparent) fascination with large farming equipment was of little interest to me personally.

Yeah, the current trio is another odd selection isn't it, perhaps the last gasp of top gear 😞

Well, I'd say that if you don't like cars and you don't like the show, there's probably little there for you to watch really...  All the same though, not even slightly!

I agree with you.

I haven't watched it yet but I'm so eager to! Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff you can just tell would have such a great chemistry. I'm gonna watch it tonight! Phuaa I so hope this is a new lease of life for Top Gear.

3 hours ago, OhhEnnEmm said:

I haven't watched it yet but I'm so eager to! Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff you can just tell would have such a great chemistry. I'm gonna watch it tonight! Phuaa I so hope this is a new lease of life for Top Gear.

It’s highly scripted with a  forced jollity.

On 25/06/2019 at 17:51, pattricia said:

It’s highly scripted with a  forced jollity.

It always was, it's just too obvious though at the moment.