New Top Gear (Flintoff)

22 minutes ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

I may just do that then as the gimmicks were tiresome. Have they got rid of that irritating american race driver too?

Yes, he only lasted for season 1, been replaced with a girl called abby, she doesn't get to talk, but she's a good driver.

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Yes, he only lasted for season 1, been replaced with a girl called abby, she doesn't get to talk, but she's a good driver.

Nice one. Ill give it a go later today.

Cheers for that 🙂

Freddie getting his head smacked by that little door was hilarious!

Although I think it's verging on bullying of Chris, as he seems to be the victim of the bigger, less smart lads.

Yeah, still not massively impressed.  It does come across a little bit like he's bullied.  And again no lap from the stig...  And in fact no car that was all that interesting.

Still seems rather over acted to me. Think they should wrap Top Gear up after this series.

I prefer these to the previous lot. Nothing will better the Clarkson and co era though. Yes this new series is scripted but it was for Clarkson aswell. I will watch the full series as I do enjoy it enough but I agree they are probably running out of ideas, not really enough to just change presrnterd, could do with looking at changing the format completely

Standard dropped a fair way this week with the cars in the jungle.  Another plot done by Clarkson and co.  

They seem to be struggling to get any decent cars on to review.  They had to hire a RR SUV apparently (they even said so on the show).  And then spent an hour driving around in a jungle in some inappropriate old cars.

I think this programme has lost its way, and is trying too hard to be funny and with it.

I must admit I'm having a problem liking Flintoff, there has been times when he has replied with very nasty comments that seemingly just roll off his tongue with ease, he has an attitude very much like some of the bullies I have encountered in my life.

22 hours ago, pattricia said:

I think this programme has lost its way, and is trying too hard to be funny and with it.

The beeb should sack the current hosts and give these lot a try

On 13/07/2019 at 18:38, mickey finn said:

I must admit I'm having a problem liking Flintoff, there has been times when he has replied with very nasty comments that seemingly just roll off his tongue with ease, he has an attitude very much like some of the bullies I have encountered in my life.

Yep, I found that too when he pressed half a melon onto Harris' head:

Top Gear tweet

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/01/top-gear-bullying-complains-freddie-flintoff-chris-harris-bbc-watermelon-banter-10094884/

Edited by alchresearch