New Top Gear (Flintoff)

The programme tries too hard to make the three presenters into personalities rather than concentrating on the cars.

I think the BBC should let this programme go. The three presenters desperately tried to replicate the chemistry of the original presenters but they are awkwardly forced and unfunny.

19 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I think the BBC should let this programme go. The three presenters desperately tried to replicate the chemistry of the original presenters but they are awkwardly forced and unfunny.

Some people will like it but not for me, don't find the McGuinness bloke funny at all!

36 minutes ago, pintor said:

Some people will like it but not for me, don't find the McGuinness bloke funny at all!

The same with me. I mean he is a comedian, so what has he got to do with driving ?

So, when Hammond started on topgear he wasn't a motoring journalist was he.  His background was in local radio...

If it was called something else instead of "Top Gear" and was its own separate distinct thing then I think it would be received better, but trading off the name "Top Gear" when it clearly isn't, is causing many people to dislike it.

3 hours ago, GivenToFly said:

If it was called something else instead of "Top Gear" and was its own separate distinct thing then I think it would be received better, but trading off the name "Top Gear" when it clearly isn't, is causing many people to dislike it.

Maybe  “Bottom Gear  “

would be more appropriate at the moment !

I didn't watch it last night, will catch up tonight though.

I really enjoyed last nights.  I'm sure its still all as scripted as before, but there were some really funny moments that are a little fresher with having three new presenters.

But they're still putting off the inevitable - they will run out of original fresh ideas.  IIRC electric car challenges have been done twice before under Clarkson's reign.

And all that work converting a petrol car to electric and they didn't once pop the bonnet to show the conversion?

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I really enjoyed last nights.  I'm sure its still all as scripted as before, but there were some really funny moments that are a little fresher with having three new presenters.

But they're still putting off the inevitable - they will run out of original fresh ideas.  IIRC electric car challenges have been done twice before under Clarkson's reign.

And all that work converting a petrol car to electric and they didn't once pop the bonnet to show the conversion?

I think it’s had it’s day.! 

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

I think it’s had it’s day.! 

I guess a change will always put a few people off.

I'm going downstairs to watch last nights episode now.