The Voice... KIDS

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

No I'm not. I'm a father, who's very widely read, who worked in primary schools for a decade, also a former psychiatric nurse. I'd suggest that I'm just as 'qualified' as you are, if not more so. Besides, since when did one need qualifications to express an opinion on SF? 

Well we thought you were at least watching  the programme to express your opinion. It does at least help.!

Edited by pattricia

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, Halibut said:

No I'm not. I'm a father, who's very widely read, who worked in primary schools for a decade, also a former psychiatric nurse. I'd suggest that I'm just as 'qualified' as you are, if not more so. Besides, since when did one need qualifications to express an opinion on SF? 

Qualified in the sense that you have enough information to form an opinion - which given you have no idea what the show entails - or the child or parents personality and actions/emotions -  you don't have.

It was sad again tonight to see some kids turned down. The judges look upset when they don’t turn their chairs round. 

11 year old Connie Emery from Woodhouse is on this week's show.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I look forward to seeing her.

On 27/06/2019 at 10:18, alchresearch said:

She was really good and got through 😀

The cynic in me thinks that these celebrity "mentors" are only doing so because their own careers have either ran out, or are running out of steam. Why else would you donate so much of your time to making other people famous? if you were still a going concern yoursef you'd maximise it and focus on your own career, not build someone else up to potentially compete against you. No one on the ascendency trying to make it takes time out to be mentor to other people. 

Edited by Nightbird

They donate so much of their time because they get good money for doing so.

On 21/06/2019 at 05:14, Halibut said:

You probably do need to have watched a TV program before commenting on it.  If you haven't watched it then you probably aren't qualified to voice an informed opinion.

In this context, that is what the qualification is.

15 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

You probably do need to have watched a TV program before commenting on it.  If you haven't watched it then you probably aren't qualified to voice an informed opinion.

In this context, that is what the qualification is.

Whatever.

20 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Whatever.

You disagree that you need to have watched a program before judging it?

I've seen The Voice. Are you saying the kids version is radically different?