The Voice... KIDS

The Voice Kids is now on every Saturday. It’s more enjoyable than the adult version but more upsetting when the kids are turned down.

They need to find out not everyone is going to be a pop star and it’s a cruel world in the pop scene 

15 hours ago, rudds1 said:

They need to find out not everyone is going to be a pop star and it’s a cruel world in the pop scene 

Yes that’s true. I suppose some kids are so nervous when singing that they are not at their best.

No parent who had their children's best interests at heart would let them take part in this.

Just now, Halibut said:

No parent who had their children's best interests at heart would let them take part in this.

I have to agree mainly because anyone who has ever won the adult The Voice or the Children’s version have been dropped afterwards and never got any further with their career.

On 17/06/2019 at 08:13, Halibut said:

Totally agree whilst i do watch the program i cant help but think that when the camera crew focus on the parents and its quite easy to see a pushy parent that is the child doing this for his or her own benefit or the parents.

Edited by Leadhammer

Guest makapaka
On ‎17‎.‎06‎.‎2019 at 08:13, Halibut said:

Why not?

4 hours ago, makapaka said:

Why not?

Because it raises wholly unrealistic expectations and because such massive (over) exposure can be incredibly damaging. Children are wholly unprepared to cope with fame and the impact it has on them.

By all means parents should encourage children to sing and or play an instrument, but giving them the idea that they become mega-rich, mega-famous etc is setting them up to fail.

The history books are littered with child stars who crashed and burned, became drug/alcohol addicts or killed themselves.

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, Halibut said:

Because it raises wholly unrealistic expectations and because such massive (over) exposure can be incredibly damaging. Children are wholly unprepared to cope with fame and the impact it has on them.

By all means parents should encourage children to sing and or play an instrument, but giving them the idea that they become mega-rich, mega-famous etc is setting them up to fail.

The history books are littered with child stars who crashed and burned, became drug/alcohol addicts or killed themselves.

It’s “the voice” - can you name any of the child stars produced on the show?

could you imagine how exciting it must be for a kid to go on the telly and sing?

A parent can temper expectations- I’m sure they’re not all pushing the kid on stage with a stick.

28 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s “the voice” - can you name any of the child stars produced on the show?

No, I've never watched it.

Guest makapaka

So you’re  completely unqualified to make your previous statement- thanks for clarifying.

gee whizz. 

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

So you’re  completely unqualified to make your previous statement- thanks for clarifying.

gee whizz. 

No I'm not. I'm a father, who's very widely read, who worked in primary schools for a decade, also a former psychiatric nurse. I'd suggest that I'm just as 'qualified' as you are, if not more so. Besides, since when did one need qualifications to express an opinion on SF?