The US / Iran war...

9 minutes ago, spider1 said:

You are either Iranian or uneducated i guess both 60 million  British people cant be all wrong may be the tour people and airlines have no idea either you really do take the buiscuit

I've been to Iran and the people were as nice as pie. It was before the Shah was chucked out.

13 minutes ago, spider1 said:

You are either Iranian or uneducated i guess both 60 million  British people cant be all wrong may be the tour people and airlines have no idea either you really do take the buiscuit

And again...

6 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

I've been to Iran and the people were as nice as pie. It was before the Shah was chucked out.

Wasn't the shah chucked out due to western influence?

7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Holding people on political charges ...hmmmm...sounds like us with Julian Assange.

Yes i know his story he pleaded guilty and tried his best so he wouldnt get extradited bit of a funny carry on may be his money and friends will save him

Just now, banjodeano said:

Wasn't the shah chucked out due to western influence?

In the sense that he wanted to westernise further I think. The religious types weren't so keen.

18 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

In the sense that he wanted to westernise further I think. The religious types weren't so keen.

Yes they are ****e Muslims a bit fanatiical religional you either join or get put in prison for 5 years.

They now rule you obey .. They threw westerns out got rid of the sha . 

Now have no money as america briton with drew all assets and put sanctions on . A bit like Rhodesa i guess 

Edited by spider1

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I thought Julian Assange had been given a prison sentence for breaking his original bail conditions.

He keeps twisting and turning originally an australian a hacker extrodiner of american intelligence and other countrys 

On 14/06/2019 at 04:21, Waldo said:

Just listening to Mike Pompeo lay the blame for these attacked tankers, at the feet of Iran (not much in the way of evidence though). I don't think this is going to end well.

The framework in which to assess the current Iran situation is this:

The most likely future for Iran's Islamist regime is that it is out of office by mid-Oct, in time for the US elections.

That regime seeks to dominate the ME, and by that to gain leverage on the wider world, by way of control of the oil supply.

But there are very few parties in the Gulf and the surrounding ME that want Iran to dominate that region, and most will welcome the demise of the regime.

Europe will soon get with the US/Trump program, and China, Japan, SK and the rest of Asia will smile warmly from the side-lines.

Remember that Europe and most of Asia depend mightily on reliable flow of ME oil at OK prices.

Turkey is most likely to become the dominant actor in the region, which will be OK for the rest of us.

With precision US strikes on Iranian military targets along the way, and Trump's saying that the Iranian people have a great future in store, pro-Western forces within Iran will overcome the current Islamist regime.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Iran is a beautiful country, with a rich cultural heritage and lovely, hospitable people. All you're illustrating here is your profound ignorance and prejudice.

Youre wasting your time mate. Some people prefer to stick to their bigoted and inaccurate view no matter how wrong it is. 

18 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

Yeah because it would have been so much better if lots of people had lost their lives instead eh?

I despair sometimes I really do.

Iran did the right thing. They made their point and kept the risk to life at a minimum. America could learn a thing or two from them.

Far from the rabble-rousing headlines and monochromatic/simplistic viewpoints and debate...

...once you consider the actual strike accuracy of Iranian missiles, relative to prior intelligence-based estimates, Iran arguably played a geopolitical blinder with those victimless strikes, besides gaining tons of technical validation for their missile R&D.

Rest assured that a fair few people learned a lot from that. Including in the Pentagon, I bet. Now, whether that explains the deescalation, or is only inviting more trouble very soon...

Edited by L00b

16 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Youre wasting your time mate. Some people prefer to stick to their bigoted and inaccurate view no matter how wrong it is. 

Yes youre right mainly Shia Muslims thats there right in religion but why are they in this country if its so marvelous over there. They threw us out time we did like wise

Edited by spider1