The US / Iran war...

Just listening to Mike Pompeo lay the blame for these attacked tankers, at the feet of Iran (not much in the way of evidence though). I don't think this is going to end well.

34 minutes ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

America probably attacked the tankers. Its just their style. 

What nonsense drivel.

45 minutes ago, Happ said:

What nonsense drivel.

It would be called a false flag operation and, until objective evidence to prove the conteary is presented, a perfectly valid hypothesis in the current geopolitical context.

The US has plenty of form for these. So does Russia, another perfectly valid hypothesis here.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, L00b said:

It would be called a false flag operation and, until objective evidence to prove the conteary is presented, a perfectly valid hypothesis in the current geopolitical context.

Or it could be that the poster goes to conspiracy by default.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/468166-jon-stewart-dresses-down-congress/?tab=comments#comment-8252392

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/468080-no-flag-raised-on-the-cenotaph-for-d-day-anniversary/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-8250890

25 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Or not.

And besides, lets say Im not one to follow the party line and I like to dig deeper. Does this make me wrong? America ARE the worlds number one terrorists and have been for many years.

America DO have form for false flag events. A simple Google will show this.

Ill give you a few tips, RMS Lusitania, The Gulf of Tonkin incident and 9/11.

Edited by LizzieBirdswrth

5 minutes ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

Or not.

And besides, lets say Im not one to follow the party line and I like to dig deeper. Does this make me wrong? America ARE the worlds number one terrorists and have been for many years.

America DO have form for false flag events. A simple Google will show this.

Ill give you a few tips, RMS Lusitania, The Gulf of Tonkin incident and 9/11.

The Gulf of Tonkin was well known even in the 60's. The other two are just poor conspiracy theories - and 9/11 was done to the death on here years ago - you're a bit late to the party 😎

7 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Im having a tenner on America to win this 

I'm struggling to see what there is to 'win' - last bunch of wars weren't exactly glorious victories were they? Iraq and Afghanistan still a mess, Libya an even bigger mess. Involvement in Syria amounted to 0.0 effect. 

What exactly does a 'win' entail other than toppling one bad government and installing an even worse one?

All this is about control of oil, nothing more, nothing less. 

Apparently the US now have photographic evidence of Iran removing a mine? Hmmm

35 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Apparently the US now have photographic evidence of Iran removing a mine? Hmmm

Aye, saw that come up on my newsfeed...

...but 'removing' is the opposite action of 'planting', at least under my standard, non-doublethinking, non-doublespeaking understanding of these verbs.

So, if that evidence is genuine, were Iranians actually trying to prevent these attacks?

Or is the US now going to tell us that this is "evidence" that they planted them beforehand?

We're lacking too much information and context, as usual.

It could be that these are respective acts of warring factions in a power struggle ongoing inside Iran (hardliners planting mines, moderates trying to foil them). Could just as well be Mossad or Russia planting the mines, and scapegoating Iran to draw the US in.

Edited by L00b

considering the technology available to the USA it's a remarkably poor video.