The US / Iran war...

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

The Gulf of Tonkin was well known even in the 60's. The other two are just poor conspiracy theories - and 9/11 was done to the death on here years ago - you're a bit late to the party 😎

I have no doubt that these particular examples are conspiracy theories indeed.

But I do, always, keep the US intelligence-based "dodgy WMD dossier" fresh in mind, as just such an example of US flase flag op...and don't get me started about such ops in Southern and Central American countries.

Is it possible the US wants to nip the Iran problem in the bud, before they develop nuclear capability?

It wouldn't shock me to discover the US creating some artificial pretext for conflict. I'm also wondering why I have such a dim view of the US of late.

16 hours ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

America probably attacked the tankers. Its just their style. 

Very likely. What would Iran have to gain by tweaking the Tigers tail ? The hawk neo cons in the Trump administration are itching to have a go at Iran.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Is it possible the US wants to nip the Iran problem in the bud, before they develop nuclear capability?

It wouldn't shock me to discover the US creating some artificial pretext for conflict. I'm also wondering why I have such a dim view of the US of late.

That would be the " rationale"  offered to a willing and gullible western public the geo political reasons could well be otherwise.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

I have no doubt that these particular examples are conspiracy theories indeed.

But I do, always, keep the US intelligence-based "dodgy WMD dossier" fresh in mind, as just such an example of US flase flag op...and don't get me started about such ops in Southern and Central American countries.

Notably the example of Chile 1973

The US would be incredibly foolish to declare war on Iran- the Jihadi's around the world would love it.

Unfortunately if and when anybody else does, the US will be blamed as being behind it anyway. 

Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

The US won't have a proper war with Iran; the US only picks fights with poor countries with non existent or sub standard armies.

9 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

I'm struggling to see what there is to 'win' - last bunch of wars weren't exactly glorious victories were they? Iraq and Afghanistan still a mess, Libya an even bigger mess. Involvement in Syria amounted to 0.0 effect. 

What exactly does a 'win' entail other than toppling one bad government and installing an even worse one?

All this is about control of oil, nothing more, nothing less. 

We need it to run our motors , so  we have to make sure it keeps on flowing. 

11 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Lol, this should draw a crowd.

Edited by Ontarian1981

9 hours ago, davyboy said:

considering the technology available to the USA it's a remarkably poor video.

well if it was too clear it may show you Navy Seals in action

40 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

All the US are making sure is that we get to pay more for the black gold. Crude going up means we'll be at 1,50 per litre for Diesel soon.

On 14/06/2019 at 12:15, Ridgewalk said:

Very likely. What would Iran have to gain by tweaking the Tigers tail ? The hawk neo cons in the Trump administration are itching to have a go at Iran.

100% agree. And if you consider who actually owns the tankers and their relationships with Iran, they (Iran) would be utterly mental to attack the tankers.

No, this has got the US's dirty finger prints all over this.

The japanese reported flying objects hitiing the ship,not mines.

Trumps had Iran in his sights and will use the slightest excuse to stoke the fire,I just hope we arent drawn into this as looks likely,another case of the US fabricating evidence and us supporting them,we clearly havent learned from the past.

Russia clearly back Iran in the ME,it could get messy,Putins clearly the better statesman and has the entire country behind him,unlike Fart who just tweets when hes clearly had a few sherberts

Edited by staninoodle