Tommy Spurr to retire.

16 hours ago, SgtDave said:

Funny you should mention Brian Deane, Hottie. He scored the first goal in the Premier League I believe. You're right - it was 1992-1993 season against Man Utd..

Don't get down-hearted pal - you're one of the more sensible posters on here.

Thanks Sarge. I won't get disheartened mate. I won't search the posts to find someone to have a dig at either. I've better things to do.

9 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Thanks Sarge. I won't get disheartened mate. I won't search the posts to find someone to have a dig at either. I've better things to do.

Only football banter, don't take it so personally

13 hours ago, speedy69 said:

2 goal difference, must try harder!

But still 4 away from home. Mind the gap

But if you're insisting on a 4 goal difference what about 7-3  😀

I thought you'd found willing sparring partner/s

It looks like a blow for blow dig fest to me.

I've not laid a glove on anyone.

Who IS Brian Deane anyway? 

5 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I thought you'd found willing sparring partner/s

It looks like a blow for blow dig fest to me.

I've not laid a glove on anyone.

Who IS Brian Deane anyway? 

Hotmale 1954. Honestly. Stop with the feigned innocence and hurt.. The op introduced the retirement of Tommy Spurr apparently one of your ex players, well thought of by the sound of it, although honestly i'd never heard of him.

You decide to highlight  a goal he scored against United at the Lane, which you'd " never forget", and on a shared message board at that, what  did you expect ? I'm sure he did other than score at Bramall Lane.

You affect a higher morality and then make a comment concerning Brian Deane.

A bit rich really.

Last comment on the subject.

On 12/06/2019 at 17:30, Ridgewalk said:

Bless 

Never heard of him

One for the history books à Wednesday player scoring at the Lane.

1979...40 years😀

Funny, I was wondering how a thread about a relatively minor Ex Wednesday player retiring had become derailed but then I looked back and saw your name pop up and it all made sense..

On 12/06/2019 at 17:30, Ridgewalk said:

Bless 

Never heard of him

One for the history books à Wednesday player scoring at the Lane.

1979...40 years😀

Ian Hendon, Adam Bolder, Quinn, Madine, O'grady, Tudgay, Esias. Loads have scored at the lane, not sure I get that ?

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Hotmale 1954. Honestly. Stop with the feigned innocence and hurt.. The op introduced the retirement of Tommy Spurr apparently one of your ex players, well thought of by the sound of it, although honestly i'd never heard of him.

You decide to highlight  a goal he scored against United at the Lane, which you'd " never forget", and on a shared message board at that, what  did you expect ? I'm sure he did other than score at Bramall Lane.

You affect a higher morality and then make a comment concerning Brian Deane.

A bit rich really.

Last comment on the subject.

Honestly, I couldn't really give a flying. I've noticed that you have a pop at anything Wednesday. You've locked horns with willing Owl participants time after time. At your first time to 'aw bless' one of my posts, I thought I'd let you know that it wasn't warranted. Like I said last time, go back to your regular digathon with your regular opponents and we'll all be back on track.

Great goal by Terry Curran by the way, when he left that Sabella fella for dead at the Lane.

Have a good day!

15 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Great goal by Terry Curran by the way, when he left that Sabella fella for dead at the Lane.

Terrible weather Hots, must thank you for brightening things up :thumbsup:.

4 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

But if you're insisting on a 4 goal difference what about 7-3  😀

15th December 1956. a local team came to the Lane and hammered the blades 7-2.. I was there, Ted  Burgin had barely put his hat and gloves on when they scored.

As you cant have a discussion like grown ups - Closing.