Web page loads then goes off.

I just got a new laptop and have been setting it up, all ok no problems. However when I open the Mirror website the page opens then after about 5 seconds the content just disappears leaving a blank white page and still says www.mirror.co.uk in the address bar.  Anyone any idea what could be causing that to happen? It only happens with that website.

Edited by iansheff

5 hours ago, iansheff said:

I just got a new laptop and have been setting it up, all ok no problems. However when I open the Mirror website the page opens then after about 5 seconds the content just disappears leaving a blank white page and still says www.mirror.co.uk in the address bar.  Anyone any idea what could be causing that to happen? It only happens with that website.

Hi, what browser are you using?

try disabling any plugins you have installed (if it's chrome especially)

When you say Mirror Site, do you mean a mirror site of say a download area? Where programs are downloaded from? Or something else like www.mirror.co.uk?

I am using edge, I will try it in Chrome, it is www.mirror.co.uk.

Just tried it in Chrome and after a few seconds get the "aw snap something went wrong while displaying this web page"

Ghozer I have not installed any plug ins, I just set it up yesterday and was all fine it is just that web site that does it.

Edited by iansheff

Tested this Website, found no issues with it....Personally

only thing I can think to suggest is possibly memory prob?

But you say this is a new Laptop!

No issues found with Safari nor Googles Chrome, or with  iPads

Try resetting your Chrome:

Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings and find the "Reset browser settings” section.
Click Reset browser settings.
In the dialog that appears, click Reset. Note: When the "Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings" checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows us to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.

53 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Try resetting your Chrome:

Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings and find the "Reset browser settings” section.
Click Reset browser settings.
In the dialog that appears, click Reset. Note: When the "Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings" checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows us to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.

Have been using Chrome today and it has been fine so no idea what was causing it to go off yesterday on Chrome, it is still doing the same on Edge though so will stick to using Chrome to view the site. Had no problems with it using my old Vista laptop.

Sometime it happens when there is a problem with the vpn software. Web page loaded and freeze. Try to uninstall the vpn soft and reinstall again. This will may help. Let me know

It's likely to be one of the adverts they are running which is conflicting with the rendering of the page. If you run an adblocker it may be worth trying without it.