Now TV rubbish.

Just started giving Now a go, signed up for the sky package to watch the footy and all I get is four balls going round and around buffering does anyone have the same.

I've used them in the past and they did the job ok. They are dependant on your internet connection and only do HD 720p (or mine did) I seem to remember numbers like 5Mbps required to stream.

Is your internet speed up to the job?

Yep pretty good internet speed as I'm on fibre broadband and the router is right next to the TV.Not  impressed won't be renewing with Now.

How are you watching? Now TV stick, Chromecast, laptop, etc ...?

5 hours ago, blue9iron said:

Yep pretty good internet speed as I'm on fibre broadband and the router is right next to the TV.Not  impressed won't be renewing with Now.

Are you on Vodafone by any chance?

I've been using Now for a while now through my XBox and have had no problems, great for movies and sport. I'm using VM, but i do have the XBox running via ethernet.

On 10/06/2019 at 19:57, apelike said:

Are you on Vodafone by any chance?

Sorry for late reply no It's talk talk for my sin's.

That could be your problem.  Have you done a speedtest, especially on wireless?

Though you're getting 34mb (what are you using to test it btw) it doesn't mean you're getting 34mb at the Box end. Always better to hard wire data to any media streaming device rather than wifi. Get your router over behind the TV it'll run a lot better.

I noticed this buying a better tv with more advanced motion handling helped, but on my old tv i never noticed ball ghosting on match of the day ect during terrestrial broadcasts like on now tv makes me wonder how sky will fare when they ditch dishes and go fully broadband.

now tv is getting a 1080p upgrade in august i've heard that might make it worse 🤔