You might like to read this thread.

No-one has posted on that thread for many months, so I think it's fair to reply to the OP here.

My angle is that the original intention of a set of rules for football was that the rules would be the same for every level of football, from 18 years old upward, from local leagues to the professional game.  Although there have been slight modifications for younger ages (smaller pitches, smaller nets etc), the general principal remained.

The Premier League set a number of differences for games under their auspices, and these changes have gone further and further away from the basic rules, and introduced technologies that cannot be replicated for the vast majority of the resat of the football pyramid.  Sorry, but I'd be against your high-tech shirt idea, as that would be one more step away.

VAR has become a joke.  We've even had the tech failing as we saw in the Blades match against Villa where the ball clearly over the line was not spotted by the technology.  People (I was going to say supporters but there aren't any at matches these days) don't feel like cheering after a goal is scored because VAR may cancel it out up to 5 minutes later! 

I feel the more we tinker with the rules and introduce more technology, the more we will lose supporters and fewer youngsters will take up the game.

All we ever needed was goal line technology that worked.

I personally have lost some interest since VAR got out of hand and ridiculous.

The latest one  when Bamford was judged offside simply for having his arm stretched- pointing where he wanted the ball!

Its bad enough with no fans, but now you don't even know if your team has scored officially until VAR has checked.

It should be re- looked at and somethings need to change.

On 12/11/2020 at 08:53, Mr Fisk said:

I personally have lost some interest since VAR got out of hand and ridiculous.

The latest one  when Bamford was judged offside simply for having his arm stretched- pointing where he wanted the ball!

Its bad enough with no fans, but now you don't even know if your team has scored officially until VAR has checked.

It should be re- looked at and somethings need to change.

Agreed.

The Bamford incident was -in my opinion - the worst and most stupid decision I've seen out of the lot.

Bear in mind that you can't - erm..shouldn't be able to! - score with your hand anyway, I find it baffling how it can be judged offside anyway!