Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, taxman said:

The International Football Association Board have restated that VAR should only be used for "clear and obvious" mistakes, not a nipple, armpit hair or a toe being offside.

 

Anything that requires 15 different camera angles to re-assess cannot surely be "clear and obvious".

Common sense prevails - hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the English Championship, if all 'goals', ' penalty area incidents' were to be decided by VAR then every game would end nowt-nowt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, St Petre said:

In the English Championship, if all 'goals', ' penalty area incidents' were to be decided by VAR then every game would end nowt-nowt.

And last about two hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its sucking the entertainment out of going to a game,the whole point of which is to celebrate a goal,not wait 5 minutes before you celebrate!

I watch tons of cricket,and the ball tracking is full of mistakes,when its clear and obvious a ball has deviated,but yet the tracker has it going straight its infuriating to watch,but footballs a game thats continuous,and breaking it up,takes the heat out of the moment and can only serve to ease the pressure on a side thats under the cosh.

Edited by staninoodle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think play should continue if there is an issue and the discussion about any decision should be shown along side the decision. Every game is important  and it has been a pain many times for Sheffield United. When it comes to final games for football trophies then VAR needs VAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2019 at 21:21, Longcol said:

Common sense prevails - hopefully.

Unfortunately not as we are still seeing offsides being given for a stray bit of nasel hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, taxman said:

Unfortunately not as we are still seeing offsides being given for a stray bit of nasel hair.

Ah well - expecting common sense from the Premier League was probably a bit too much to expect..........................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Blade I can honestly say that even after what's happened to us, I stand by my original statement; I wanted it, it's necessary and in the long-term all involved in the game will come to understand that it's vital. If it stops and punishes pen-area shirt-pulling, if it 'cards' divers, if it is considered and fair, then I'll be a happy man and the game will be better for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wearysmith said:

As a Blade I can honestly say that even after what's happened to us, I stand by my original statement; I wanted it, it's necessary and in the long-term all involved in the game will come to understand that it's vital. If it stops and punishes pen-area shirt-pulling, if it 'cards' divers, if it is considered and fair, then I'll be a happy man and the game will be better for it.

But it doesn't do that at the moment. If it did there would be 20 penalties a game. What it is doing is denying genuine goals due to 8 minutes of people in an office manipulating computer graphics to catch an offside knee or nipple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football could learn a bit from cricket And tennis  here. The DRS system in cricket works well and adds to the drama of the game.

 

Give each side a tv monitor in the dugout and allow them to ask for reviews if they see fit. Allow each team a maximum of two unsuccessful reviews per game.

 

That way, glaring errors will be cut out, but the use of reviews will become a skill for each team to master. That, in turn, will add to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Football could learn a bit from cricket And tennis  here. The DRS system in cricket works well and adds to the drama of the game.

 

Give each side a tv monitor in the dugout and allow them to ask for reviews if they see fit. Allow each team a maximum of two unsuccessful reviews per game.

 

That way, glaring errors will be cut out, but the use of reviews will become a skill for each team to master. That, in turn, will add to the game.

Hmmm. Interesting idea for sure.....but could anyone see the F.A. ever taking that up?

Most football supporters DO know what F.A. stands for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.