Can't see hard drives after BIOS update

I was having an issue with my pc and I was told to update the bios to fix the problem 

Unfortunately doing that made things worse and now I can't boot into widows 

There drives appear to be visible but there is no longer a red 'U' next to each drive. My friend says this has something to do with UEFI or Something but I don't know how to change this setting. 

The motherboard is an MSI b350m Mortar. 

Any help would be great. 

Cheers. 😊

Did the machine already have Windows 10 or was it an upgrade? If an upgrade the original OS may have had a different boot parameter and the upgraded BIOS is looking for a boot partition for clean install of Windows 10 but you haven't provided any other details. What was the issue that required the BIOS update?

At a guess the update has changed the boot mode from legacy to uefi or vice versa, and or fiddled with the secure boot setting (that might not matter though).

If you can find the legacy/uefi and switch it, you might find that it all works again.  To enter the bios setup you're probably looking at pressing a key multiple times whilst the machine powers on, might be delete, might be f2, might be f12, might be esc, or could be any other key in theory!  Then go through the menus until you find something about booting and the words uefi and legacy, change only that.

As above...

The only other thing you may need to do is set the BIOS to advanced view to see the settings Cyclone mentioned, again this is usually done via a key press (F7 on mine)

Cheers for your replies. Quite by chance I managed to fix it early this morning by changing the hard disk BBS boot priorities. I could see the hard drive (nvme) in the drop down menu, put it at the top of the list and rebooted.

Everything worked spot on and it even fixed the problem that the update of the BIOS was initially hoping to fix. It was a very frustrating day but I learned a little bit about my system and settings in the process of stumbling on this fix

Thank you again everyone.