Orgreave Rally 15/06/2019

Guest makapaka

https://otjc.org.uk/orgreave-rally-2019/

15th June - just thought I’d put it on here because think it would be good to get as much support as possible.

Scargill and his mob got what they deserved at Orgreave in my opinion. They went looking for a fight with the plod ,and got one. 

42 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Scargill and his mob got what they deserved at Orgreave in my opinion. They went looking for a fight with the plod ,and got one. 

Sad day whichever side you supported.I was raised just down the road in Catcliffe and friends and family worked at the coking plant and at the pit in earlier days. I had already left the country at the time this happened,but I can't see the point of raking this up over and over again. Neither side has anything to be proud of over this terrible event.

11 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Sad day whichever side you supported.I was raised just down the road in Catcliffe and friends and family worked at the coking plant and at the pit in earlier days. I had already left the country at the time this happened,but I can't see the point of raking this up over and over again. Neither side has anything to be proud of over this terrible event.

not too far from me then lol, i was raised in woodhouse, woodhouse mill, went to school at ballifield, we used to go down to orgreave at dinner time to watch during the strike.

24 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Good post mate, this was exactly what happens when the two extremes collide. I can't help feeling that we are headed that way again

As they say, it's history now. What's the point in raking it all up, it's ovver an dun wi. Let it rest. Neither side covered themselves with glory, did they.

As an aside one of my mates drove one of the trucks in and out of Orgreave in the convoys. I dare not tell of the brass he got for doing it, but it was an obscene amount.

Angel1.

34 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Good post mate, this was exactly what happens when the two extremes collide. I can't help feeling that we are headed that way again

+1

Angel1.

Guest makapaka

It should be brought up - because it shouldn’t happen again.

10 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It should be brought up - because it shouldn’t happen again.

There are a great many right whingers who would like Orgreave to be sealed in a lead-lined box and never discussed again. Those of us who saw the strike at first hand know exactly why.

It is time for a proper inquiry into the conduct of the Police throughout the 1984 strike.

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It is time for a proper inquiry into the conduct of the Police throughout the 1984 strike.

And how many of the plod at Orgreave were really squaddies.

20 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And how many of the plod at Orgreave were really squaddies.

They all were, in a way. The way they were marshalled and deployed was quite something to behold. Almost like an army. 

The damage that did to trust in the police is still evident today.

50 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

There are a great many right whingers who would like Orgreave to be sealed in a lead-lined box and never discussed again. Those of us who saw the strike at first hand know exactly why.

The same can be said of Scargills mob of violent miners 

The role of the BBC needs investigating in the battle of Orgreave. The footage made by the BBC, showed miners charging at the police. In fact what had happened was the police charged at the miners. It was part of a media campaign against the miners to influence public opinion against them.