Iconic cover for novel

Hey

My book is about to be published,  Its set in the sixties in Sheffield I'm looking for some photos to use, that show what Sheffield was like then... Schoolgirls?  Steelworks, buses?  the co-op?  Any ideas?   Cheers

Edited by juliehoward
missed out couple of words

Tell us more about the novel.

You could use a pop art collage using images of the subject matter from that period. It would be eye catching and capture what you are writing about. Or something by a local artist e.g. Pete McKee

Edited by Mister M

Look on Picture Sheffield for some inspiration. 

Look up Mick Jones in the Park Hill flats group on Facebook. He has a bunch of photographs that he took in the sixties that haven't yet been published elsewhere but people are latching on to them so get in now.

There's some really good stuff amongst them.

Edited by Person6

Hi Julie, I've got loads all taken by me in the '60s. All black and white. A few (11) are about to be published in a new book, but I have lots more like the person above states I'm Mick Jones. PM me, please. :)

Thanks everyone. for all of your comments... such good ideas.   My publishers have come up with cover for Nowt But Drippin'   ... I'll be able to reveal it soon when the book is published.   Now working on Owt for Nowt... will certainly use some of your ideas.   Cheers.

On 08/06/2019 at 03:06, juliehoward said:

Hey

My book is about to be published,  Its set in the sixties in Sheffield I'm looking for some photos to use, that show what Sheffield was like then... Schoolgirls?  Steelworks, buses?  the co-op?  Any ideas?   Cheers

Take care if you search online for such photos.  I was helping my elder son on his school project on education, how schools came to be, what they were like etc.  We decided to put in some historical photos and had no difficult finding suitable old photos of public school boys and the like but not so good on the school girls...... and so we tried something like "school girls in uniform" and it came up with a lot of links that I had to dissuade him from following!  Ooops.  🙂